Menu
cycling Changchun
Mar 1, 2015 04:48
  • DREWC
Hi, I will be living in Changchun for three years starting in August. I am an avid cyclist and amateur bike racer. Could anybody please tell me whether there is a cycling club in Changchun? and also are there good mountains to ride up nearby.
Cheers, Drew
Mar 2, 2015 20:59
GUEST45566 Drewc, I found a cycling club called Qibingying (骑兵营). It is located about 10 meters to the west of Yongji Police Station(永吉派出所) on the Tibei Road (体北路). This club occasionally hold cycling activities. You may go there for to ask whether they accept foreign riders.
Apr 20, 2015 05:07
GUEST40117 Hi, I am also moving to Changchun and shall reach by June 2015. I ride both road and MTB. I undertstand riding around the lake (in the south) is very good. I'll post some segments on Strava. Are you on their (Strava that is). Would be interesting to discuss other points on moving. My email id is hotmail.com|doug_smith10 Would be good to connect. Doug
Jun 23, 2015 03:42
GUEST73598 Gidday Doug
Yeah happy to share ideas. You may already have arrived. Apologies for not replying sooner. Didnt tet many replies so lost interest in this site.
Shall I write to your hotmail account then?
Drew
Jan 22, 2021 19:39
Hey Doug,
Are you still in Changchun? Did you find any opportunities there? I'm in search of MTB opportunities/trails/clubs in the Shandong Province but I'm not optimistic there are any. My wife is from Rizhao, on the coast south of Qingdao. We have been back twice since our marriage in 2016, but will probably be spending a lot more time there in the years to come, as we'll at least partially retire there. It seems outdoor recreation is not developed at all like in the West, except for team sports. What has been your experience there?
Bob

Post a Reply to: cycling Changchun
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code