Menu
China Unicom
Mar 31, 2015 11:21
  • WANHU
My old mobile phone with China Mobile SIM card was lost in the taxi and its mobile number was not registered with the China Mobile, I could not use the same old mobile number. Then I called someone in Shenzhen to prepare me a new China Mobile card. I am told that China Mobile and China Unicom has come out with a new SIM card thus someone bought me that card. As what I have experienced with China Unicom before (in 2005) I could not even make a call from Hong Kong. To my dismay, I also found out this card can't be used to call out to my own country from China.

Efforts to rectify the problem turn to sadness when the helpline is always busy. One thing I learnt, never trust a China Unicom anymore.

Wan
Mar 31, 2015 22:20
  • CHERRY07
Dear Wan,

Haven't talked to you for long. Is everything fine? I am afraid that you need to ask the one who helped you get the simcard to subscribe international roaming and call service from China Unicom. According to what I know, international call and roaming are not automatically subscribed. You need to deposit a certain amount of money and then the staff at the branch or office can help you finish it.

Last edited by CHERRY07: Mar 31, 2015 22:23
Jul 22, 2015 14:05
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry
Now I seldom visit TCG due to my limited time. Occasionally I did visit the website but unfortunately I could not find people like you and the ever accommodating friends anymore. Most probably they are like me, busy and having their own immediate and pressing needs. Instead of having a new China Mobile SIM card, now I'm using someone's SIM card as well as my own card under international roaming, as I travel to China within a short period, less than two weeks per visit.
Wan
Jul 22, 2015 21:52
  • CHERRY07
Good to hear you again. Be careful with your sim-card. China's Three Telecom Operators have begun to clean up these unregistered sim cards. Every user is required to register their valid document when buying sim-cards. However, there are some people who still use unregstered sim cards. According to these telecome operators, these cards will not be used very soon.

It's good to ask a Chinese friend to buy a sim card for you. You know, some branches have special packages for foreigners. Foreigners who buy these special packages pay more money.
Jul 23, 2015 12:45
  • WANHU
I'll be going to Xi'an tomorrow 24th as a transit point on my way to Xining. Most probably I will stay around Xianyang around midnight and fly to Xining very early in the morning. So no time to buy sim card from Xi'an. Anyway how's the weather there? I expect Xining with cooler temperature especially around the hilly areas.
Wan
Nov 3, 2023 20:31
GUEST10476 hello, May I ask if you canTell me, what are you talking about? Although it was posted in 2015. But by comparison, I am very curious, what are you talking about? perhaps. It's possible that you're in some corner of the world, right. So what are you talking about? I also want to participate in this topic
Post a Reply to: China Unicom
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code