Menu
Shenzhen to Hong Kong/Kowloon By Train
Jun 17, 2015 06:52
  • FEIYAN
Please can somebody advise me of the following: I am a UK passport holder living in Guangzhou. I want to go to Shenzhen for a few days and on to Hong Kong from there.

1) which train station in Shenzhen has trains to Hong Kong/Kowloon stations?
2) is passport control at the departure station or further along the line?
3) Is it possible to book the tickets online (UK passport holders)
4) if it is NOT possible to book tickets online, can I buy tickets Shenzhen - Kowloon/Hong Kong from ANY Chinese train station (ie here in Guangzhou) or does it HAVE to be the departure station? My concern here is we will only be in Shenzhen a couple of days, and when we get there the tickets for Kowloon/Hong Kong may be sold out!

Any information/links greatly appreciated!
Last edited by FEIYAN: Jun 17, 2015 06:53
Jun 17, 2015 21:48
GUEST7864 Feiyan, there is no train from Shenzhen to Hong Kong. The easiest way is to pass Luohu Border and then take East Rail to Hung Hum, change West Rail Line to Nam Cheong and then take Tung Chung Line to reach Kowloon or Hong Kong Station.
Jun 22, 2015 03:48
  • NEHOW
Bullet trains will be available to Hong Kong West Kowloon Terminus from Shenzhen North Station.
Jun 25, 2015 19:25
  • WANHU
Or you can go direct to HK by express train from Guangzhou East Railway Station that stops at Hung Hom (HK). After a few days in HK then you can visit Shenzhen from HK and stop either at Lowu or Lok Ma Chau. But it's good if you take a train to Lowu as you can walk across Luohu. Should you accidentally take Lok Ma Chau train, you need to stop and get down at Sheung Shui for the next train to Lowu. Don't worry, they will announce of the end station, either Lowu or Lok Ma Chau.

Wan
Sep 7, 2015 10:49
GUESTCHRISTINA
Kindly advise on how to go from futian control checkpoint to yuen long, HK. Thank you.
Post a Reply to: Shenzhen to Hong Kong/Kowloon By Train
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code