Menu
How satisfied are you with Chinese toilets at tourist sites?
Jul 17, 2015 23:00
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Voting is valid from Jul 17, 2015 23:00 to Aug 16, 2015 23:00 .
Exclusive Vote
  1. 46 vote(s)
  2. 29 vote(s)
  3. 28 vote(s)
  4. This vote is invalid now.
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
A “toilet revolution” has taken place across the whole country in 2015. Acceding to the head of China’s National Tourist Administration, around 33500 new toilets will be built at tourist sites soon and another 25000 will be renovated in the future.

On the other hand, China Tourism Association and China Tourist Attractions Association have decided to cooperate with a Chinese internet corporation to develop an internet platform for gathering toilet information at the tourist sites. Thanks to this platform, visitors can find nearby toilets easily. Also they can rate the toilets and put down their comments.

In response to the toilet revolution, Nanjing Confucius Temple & Qinhuai River Scenic Area have renovated the old toilets and added 9 new toilets. Among them, a special one is built for people who can’t use the toilets on their own, such as little kids and the handicapped. Previously, this scenic area was criticized by CNTA because many visitors complained that there were not enough toilets.

Hopefully, China’s toilet revolution can be successful so that tourists won’t be bothered to find toilets or discussed by the sanitary conditions of the toilets at tourist sites.
Jul 31, 2015 20:47
GUEST10747 It isn't the toilets themselves that I have a problem with, it's the fact that when you walk in you'll find guys squatting there and not bothering to close the door. Sorry but that is just disgusting.
Aug 16, 2015 06:30
  • WENSHIDI
Have you been to old town in Lijiang?
They have the best public toilets anywhere in Asia. They are always clean and well maintained. They even match the local architectural Naxi style. There are lots and lots of them all over the place and are very well organised.
Aug 16, 2015 20:26
GUESTADELE
Quote:

Originally Posted by WENSHIDI

Have you been to old town in Lijiang?
They have the best public toilets anywhere in Asia. They are always clean and well maintained. They even match the local architectural Naxi style. There are lots and lots of them all over the place and are very well organised.

Thanks for telling this. I am planning a trip to Yunnan and Lijiang is on my list. May I know if these toilets are charged? If yes, how much?
Sep 7, 2015 20:33
GUEST54567
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTADELE

Thanks for telling this. I am planning a trip to Yunnan and Lijiang is on my list. May I know if these toilets are charged? If yes, how much?

Don't worry. They are free. But they are not easy to be found. You'd better ask someone to tell where you are if you couldn't find the toilets.
Nov 24, 2015 08:11
  • WANHU
"There are lots and lots of them all over the place and are very well organised." Yet not easy to be found.
Wan

Post a Reply to: How satisfied are you with Chinese toilets at tourist sites?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code