Menu
When traveling, do you like to be a backpacker or have a travel agency arrange everything for you?
Feb 21, 2016 21:56
  • SUMMERSNOW
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 108 vote(s)
  2. 42 vote(s)
  3. 98 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Well, as for myself, I sometimes use a travel agency and sometimes travel by myself. From my experience, to be a backpacker is not that easy. You need to book the transportation tickets and hotels by yourself. Sometimes the tickets are really hard to get, especially in high seasons of travel. In addition, you should make out a detailed travel plan in advance in order not to travel aimlessly. Using a travel agency is a good choice for ‘lazy’ travelers and kind of a chance to make friends. However, it’s easy to get trapped if the agency is not a reliable one. So what do you think about it? If you have something to say, share it with me!
Feb 28, 2016 23:12
GUEST13172 For me, I would always choose a travel agency. Not only to save time going through the sea of information but to have a safety guarantee myself (I never feel safe enough travelling as a backpacker) so whenever I travel to Southeast Asia, I always contact this travel agency. My favorite personal choice :)
Mar 8, 2016 02:13
GUEST69588 I would prefer to choose backpacker to travel in China, because I have a really bad experience for a travel agency in Peking. The traveling guiders will bring you lots of places during one day, but don't expect a lot, the most places are the shopping places... What's worse, they even increase the money in the bus when the bus has already driven in the auto-way...
Jun 7, 2016 13:41
  • WANHU
Better be a back packer so you can only complain to yourself. Yes, I never contacted any travel agency for my travel because I am informed, through travel agency my time is limited wth all the rush. In China, one still needs to pay for tour guide appointed by the agency as well as tips for the driver. After all, instructions in Metro are both in Chinese and English. Tour guide would bring you to shopping areas where he can get commission. Just find a map.

Wan
Post a Reply to: When traveling, do you like to be a backpacker or have a travel agency arrange everything for you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code