Menu
Looking for beads
Jun 22, 2005 00:48
  • TOGNA
We will be traveling to Guangzhou in July. We are going to find business contacts for our bead store. Does anyone know where in Guangzhou or Hong Kong one should visit for purchasing large quantites of semi precious beads? Is there a "market"?

Also, is it reccomended that we stay in Hong Kong and travel to Guangzhou or fly directly to Guangzhou? We were told that there is some kind of "border check" if traveling to Guangzhou from Hong Kong.

Could anyone reccomend a nice hotel in Guangzhou?

Thanks!
Amanda
United States
Jun 22, 2005 09:20
  • MERMAID
What is your definition of a nice hotel?
U want to live in the downtown or a quiet place?
Or other specific requirement?
Jun 22, 2005 12:23
  • TOGNA
Hi Mermaid,
Thanks for your reply. Nice hotel... Well, We are not looking for a fancy hotel. We would like it to be clean and close to our destination..... Which leads me to ask... do you know of such a market?

Thanks!
Amanda
Jun 22, 2005 13:25
  • VIATURATI3
There is this HUUUUUUUGE beads (jade, crystal) market in Hua Lin Street and the area around. Not sure about hotels there.

cheers,
yan
Jun 24, 2005 21:26
  • PARTNERZ
Hi, you could take a direct train from HK to Guangzhou where the immigration would be at Guangzhou instead at the border of shenzhen which is a very messy place.

About the BEADS, can you email me the specs and pics to soekamto.net|hendrayono? i'll help you search for it. maybe we can do some long term business here in guangzhou as i understand english and chinese well.
Jun 26, 2005 22:19
  • TOGNA
Could you explain the immagration process at the border of shenzhen in relation to HK? Why is it so different?
Oct 16, 2005 01:25
  • BEADSTUDIO
Hi Amanda,
I opened a beadshop in Australia and planning to go to Guangzhou
in November. Could you help me with some ideas/tips?

Maybe one day you can visit Sydney and I can pay you back :)

Looking forward to hearing from you,
kind regards,

Marlies
BeadStudio Mosman
mac.com|mkrups
Fax 61 2 99395988
Oct 16, 2005 03:13
  • ETHNICEAST
hi marlies and togna, saw your posting on the china guide, since you got your contacts for china beads, hope you can get what you needed. let me know if you need anything from burma that i may supply you. i am able to supply beads from both countries. lim, ethnic east
http://ethniceast.tripod.com/

Oct 25, 2005 20:30
  • KELLYF2F
Hi,

We're sure if it is too late.

We can offer U a 2-room apartment in Guangzhou.

Best,

Kelly

find2fine.com|marketing
8620 8626 9772
Nov 29, 2006 02:33
  • JAMESWANG
Beads: LiWan Plaza
Hotel: Holiday Inn Shifu Hotel (Five minutes away from the Plaza, for me though)
Dec 3, 2006 06:16
  • JCGOH
Hi Amanda

My name is Violet and I am a major exporter of China beads from Zhuhai which is close to Guangzhou. Most of the stuff you see there actually come from our factory in Zhuhai.

You can still go there but may I suggest you drop by in Singapore and look at our shop. We have many other things like opal from Australia but carved by China artisan, crystals and many type of beads. You will get new ideas as fshio changes almost every month.

I do not want to oversell but if you make a trip to Singapore you will realize it is a lot safer to do business with us. We have been in business for over 15 years.

I can be contacted at

hotmail.com|violetyap
or
mobile (65) 92991569

Post a Reply to: Looking for beads
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code