Menu
Do I need guide, or go alone
Sep 25, 2016 08:35
I come to Shanghai and Hangzhao. I sometimes have a little free time to explore the area, but I don't speak Mandarin and also I don't like to get ripped off!! I am thinking it is best not to do too much by myself.

Would like to know of other members experience here and how they choose their guide. I know there is craigslist.org, as well as this website.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Oct 8, 2016 07:54
  • WANHU
From the many times to China, I only needed proper guide twice, once during my short visit to Xi'an (my stopover to Qinghai) due to my health problem at that time, and secondly when I visited outskirts of China when people couldn't communicate in English at all. Otherwise one could travel in China with ease though without having the ability to speak Putonghua. Signages in English are almost everywhere especially in big cities. Use metro subway and city maps. Well if you have all the time you need, you can always explore. Should you in constraints of time, then you'd better appoint a guide which you can always negotiate beforehand and only employ her or him when you conclude to an agreed price.

Wan
Oct 9, 2016 08:58
I suggest you can fine a guider 1-2days that you go to the most important part, like business and factory visiting. after that, you can go anywhere by yourself, just travel.
Post a Reply to: Do I need guide, or go alone
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code