Menu
Do you think poorly-behaved tourists should be blacklisted?
Sep 27, 2016 20:55
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 92 vote(s)
  2. 37 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Everywhere around the world, there are poorly-behaved tourists. They spit onto the ground, scrawl on the wall, shout loudly in public, and even quarrel or fight with others. I’m sure that you don’t want to meet such people during your trip because they may turn a happy trip into an unpleasant memory.

To regulate tourists’ behaviors, China National Tourism Administration has carried out a series of measures, including a system that blacklists badly-behaved tourists. If a tourist offences public rules, like conflicting with public transport attendants, damaging private or public property, disrespecting local customs, or sabotaging historical exhibits, he or she will be put on the blacklist for two years. During the two years, the tourist may meet difficulties when entering a scenic area, or when boarding a train or plane.

Some say this can curb most misbehavior of tourists. He who breach public rules should be punished. While some say the regulation is too harsh and kind of merciless. We should not judge a person’s character only by one thing. Forgiveness may lead them to a better way. So what do you think?
Last edited by MIRANDAZHAO: Sep 27, 2016 20:56
Sep 28, 2016 17:47
  • WANHU
Perhaps we need an instrument how to make a person behaves well besides punitive measure?

Wan
Sep 28, 2016 19:58
  • MIRANDAZHAO
yes, I agree with u, but do u have some good ideas?
Sep 29, 2016 15:34
GUEST22027 I do think it needs creativity most, making tourists better behave, which is lacking in every country...It's a simple procedure to punish and takes a lot more to lead others on their supposed "path".

One thing is for sure - many ads are published for making money but never is thought about how to influence visiting people in order to make them slightly understand how to show respect to other nations' culture and their common habits...??? So why no one does it??

I am not talking about books you can buy in book stores or lend in libraries...

This could help much more than punishing people - though there might be exceptions leading even to jail or direct displacement and further steps. In all other cases it will later produce bad reputation abroad and what is that good for??

I know the Chinese nature a little bit - at least which is originally their nature - they are quite straight in matters of decisions and not really considering the other side.

The reason is quite simple as Chinese people would expect some general respect towards their country as they usually do abroad.

Not too many western people really "study" Chinese people in their own country but I can say I do and I never found a single Chinese man or woman offending anyone for no reason. Rather they are often shy to talk unless they are needing some help :-)

I think most people should have their chance but true is also that not much is really known to Western people about Asian "rules" compared to what often Asian people already know about us.

Maybe government should do more about that first hand and then punish as last option.

E. A l b u s (GER)
Post a Reply to: Do you think poorly-behaved tourists should be blacklisted?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code