Menu
Can someone tell me about Shenzhen
Jul 9, 2005 22:08
  • SAFFRA
I will be doing business there next year.
Should I simply sta in a hotel in Hong Kong?

Travel books don't say much about this city,
but from researching this forum, I've heard
some negative comments.

Is it a dangerous place?

Thanks.
Jul 10, 2005 04:48
  • MISHEN
Not at all - Shenzhen's just a big, modern city itself and just as safe as anywhere. I'd be more afraid in Los Angeles than Shenzhen. Staying in a hotel in Hongkong is unlikely to be very convenient - the hotels in Shenzhen are great. I stayed in the Shangri-la on a business trip once and found it to be excellent.
Jul 10, 2005 10:43
  • TOSHI123
yes,i think shenzhen is modern city,but no so good.i don't like there
Jul 10, 2005 18:55
  • SCARLETT810
do u want to travel in shenzhen , i can be ur guide. and wanna say , shenzhen is an beautiful city,s o don't worry about it
Jul 10, 2005 23:17
  • SAFFRA
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input.

I will have meetings in both HK and Shenzhen.
So I'd probably be smart to stay separately in
each city for each meeting.

If you can think of anything to read more about
Shenzehn please let me know. Or anyway to
make it safer.
Jul 11, 2005 09:17
  • MERMAID
It would be such a pity to stay in a hotel either in Hong Kong or Shenzhen, or any city in China!

Shopping or dining can be so enthralling in Shenzhen!

Social security is not that good as in northern Tianjin but it is not that horrible, either.
Jul 14, 2005 11:47
  • RYMAN
Shenzhen is not that bad. You should stay in a hotel in Shenzhen if you have business to do there. Local people in the city are getting rich these days. And General Safety is not bad. You should be OK and will have a safe trip.
Jul 16, 2005 23:32
  • GAZ07
Prostitution, begging, Soulless, expensive and dull. I do believe that sums up Shenzhen.

If you stay there, make sure your Hotel is a good one. You'll spend plenty time in it i think.
Jul 24, 2005 05:37
  • JEFFREYMAO
i work in hong kong and also stay in hong kong for most of my time. and i also live in shenzhen because i rent a house in shenzhen.living expenses is much cheaper.
i have to say:
1)be careful . shenzhen is not a safe city. you should care about your mobile phone and you bag.it's important.too many thieves, as a chinese myself, it's a bit face -losing thing for me.
remember: better to put your bag in front of you.
2)if you love girls, just assume you do,plz never answer those who tell you to have sex trade in the street. they are all robbers. if you follow them to some secret house to have sex trade, you are done. they will rob you. it's called:girl-seducing robbery. i learn all these informaitons from newspaper and tv in hong kong.
3)plz take formal taxi with formal logos.
if you take informal taxi, it's also dangerous.
they may drive you to some place and rob you.
any way sz is not so bad. but plz keep alert.it's important.

if you need any help,email:hotmail.com|maowenkang
Jul 28, 2005 02:03
Some very pretty young women (and some ugly ones) entice new visitors coming from Hong Kong as soon as you exit the immigration terminal and are walking on the road. I followed one to a room where she behaved very strangely. I knew there was something not right and I continued as an experiment in how she would cheat me. I determined her mode of operation when I observed the closet moving. It had a false back that connected to another room. In it were two young men attempting to go through my (fortunately locked) bags. I told them what I thought of them through my looks and left. No money was spent and noone was injuired. This sort of thing has never happened to me in Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines or India - and I am very experienced in these sort of matters. Some of the hookers are honest but beware of those on the road near the terminal!
Jul 28, 2005 02:05
And don't believe what the official China Travel Agency in Hong Kong tells you. I prepaid a hotel room in Shenzen that I could have gotten for 30% less just walking in the door.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can someone tell me about Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code