Menu
question for guangzhou people
Jun 11, 2017 22:25
guest20353 hello everyone

i'm coming to china for first time in one month

my first station will be GZ

i have flixable dates

i didn't make schdule

my purpose of this trip relaxing, have fun, seeing new things and little business

my question

do i need a guide?
Jun 12, 2017 02:27
GUEST92330 after you fixed a date,you need a guide definitely ,if you need pls contact email:126.com|lorenalaw
Jun 15, 2017 11:01
  • VINCENTCHING
If you can speak Chinese,you don't need a guide.

If you can use app or search engine to arrange your time and know how to travel around,then you don't need a guide.

Otherwise,you need a local guide.

Jun 18, 2017 02:10
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by VINCENTCHING

If you can speak Chinese,you don't need a guide.

If you can use app or search engine to arrange your time and know how to travel around,then you don't need a guide.

Otherwise,you need a local guide.

Correct
If you want to make business you need an interpreter or translator. I have been to Guangzhou many times, though I don't speak Chinese but I never used any interpreter nor translator as I am not involved in business. Just a traveller that like to observe things. Just buy a transport card and move around by either metro subway or bus. If you lose your way, just stop at the terminal and take a new one and stop at any big shopping complexes where people can speak English, especially at KFC and McDs.

Wan
Jun 19, 2017 15:56
  • KELLYLI
I agree.

You'll need translator or interpreter for serious business meetings (maybe for the little business day). But for leisure travel, you need the guide from Lonely Planet :)
Jun 20, 2017 08:51
  • WCHANEAST
It's such a general question that no one can really answer.

You need to be more specific such as what you really want to achieve and to what extent.

Having someone local around you would usually be saving a lot of trouble but if you really prefer to explore the city by yourself, it's also possible as Guangzhou is pretty international with English signs everywhere.

Please feel free to let me know if you need some help (we and whatsapp): 008613580478101 Email: gmail.com|wchaneast

Jun 23, 2017 02:45
  • LEVARRE
Consider a side trip to Shenzhen, I like you wanted the adventure and stayed for 2 weeks in Dongmen, I had a great time with (Very) limited Chinese and found the locals extremely polite and helpful, this is also a very safe place. The Chinese metro is absolutely fantastic and after the first trip you will find it easy and quick to use.... My best advise is to learn a few polite basic words and keep smiling, you will love it!! ..... t

Post a Reply to: question for guangzhou people
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code