Menu
what's wrong with these guys?
Aug 4, 2005 16:21
  • GAZ07
Urinating on the wall is incredibly disrespectful, i agree. And the carving is even more so.

But i don't see anything shocking about smoking pot on it? Or movie making...
Aug 4, 2005 18:56
  • ELCABRON
Sleeping in watchtowers or camping is even offered by travel agencies and I think this is cool.
BUT it is not acceptable to urinate on the wall or carving names into the old stones - it is a shame.

Send them to the camps in Mandschuria, where people hack stones for the rest of their lifetime.....
Aug 5, 2005 08:44
Yes, camping is totally ok. But you should notice the subtitle of this picture on yahoo.Not just camping at all. I think they use this as a cheap hostel.
Aug 5, 2005 11:20
  • RITA
Hi ELCABRON,

Mandschuria seems like a name of a place, where is it? It's interesting that I searched in the net and found this only phrase "Prunus mandschurica, Kochne" a latin phrase, means "Bitter almond". ;)
Aug 5, 2005 15:41
  • ELCABRON
It is the name for the northern Chinese region at the Russian border of the past. The Japanese had occupied it in the past and it is/was quite famous for prison camps.
Dec 23, 2005 03:16
  • RASTA
I think of the Chinese wall as a major piece of National Heritage. It would be liking pissing on the American Flag.
Myself, being a good ol' southern boy, would want to hang that man from the nearest tree. They don't let us do that anymore, unfortunately.
It is fun to imagine being a redneck in the olden days. If ya'll meet me I'll slide back into my thick country accent fer ya. Give ya a taste of down south.
Then we can go back to talking normally and joke about all the fun I like to have with Language.
I can't wait to tell my first joke in Chinese.
Anyone know any?
Dec 23, 2005 05:16
  • LEMONCACTUS
Oh, it's a shame to see Westerners doing stuff like this, especially the carving, which defaces the wall... (although smoking pot on the wall isn't much different to smoking a cigarette on it... is it!?)

I always think when you travel abroad, you are a representative of your own country. As such you should be respectful. I hate the impression this gives of Western travellers.

Grrrrrrr!!!
Dec 26, 2005 01:46
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,lemoncactus,

I agree with you intense!!!and when you are on abroad,not only you are individual,but also you delegate your country,your nationality......
Dec 26, 2005 19:05
  • PEA28COCK
Only when you are abroad can you realise that your mother land is the best place in the world. :)
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what's wrong with these guys?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code