Menu
DR.TEA
Nov 11, 2005 21:00
I was there this summer - would love to go back for some more lichi tea!
The phone number at the bottom of my info sheet is 0086 10 82083648 62063691 (seems like a lot of numbers!)
Nov 12, 2005 19:59
  • SNOWBIRD
Hey!! You guys really don't know what Alep wants. I'm surprised. Now let me relate the origin of Dr. Tea. The tea plants was first cultivated in the remote mountains of Tibet in the last century. The plants were unlike the tea plants that we know today. This is because of poor soil quality and the extreme cold environment. Thus the tanin in the tea leaves are more concentrated because the plants have smaller and thicker leaves. The indigenious mountain people dried the leaves and use it as incense. They light up the dried tea leaves before they retire to bed. The smoke from the dried tea leaves gives those who inhale it a sense of euphoria. A heavenly feeling while you sleep. And with your wife or husband lying at your side...(you can imagin the rest.) Soon, people from the other regions of China heard about this. Some unscruples businessman enlisted the help of the village medicine man to harvest all the available tea plants from the mountains. The tea plants thus become extinct in Tibet. The harvested tea leaves were dried, packaged and sold in the early days as Love Tea and touted the tea as being invented by the village doctor. Thus the name evolved into Dr. Tea. However, since the original tea plants have become extinct, so do Dr. Tea. However, new tea plants are now grown in various parts of China. However they do not have the concentrated tanin value and cannot be used as an incense. A smart guy came up with an idea. He added hot water to the tea leaves and drank the concoction. He felt a sense of well-being. Thus the art of drinking tea was born. So you can see that Alep was serious when he asked for the telephone number of Dr. Tea. What he did not know was that Dr. Tea is extinct. And in those days Dr. Tea don't carry a mobile so you can't contact him either. get a horse and ride up the mountains??
Sep 10, 2006 08:17
  • ROBINM
I just got back from Beijing and purchased some tea at Dr. Tea...will see if I can find a number.
Sep 12, 2006 14:37
Is there a special way to enter the Dr. Tea email address? I put in vip.sina.com|drtea1884
and it was rejected as undeliverable.

I was in Beijing last year and got some amazing tea from Dr. Tea Shop. I especially loved the
Pu-erh tea. Now I've run out and can't find it anywhere.

Do they have a mail order department?

Can you help?
Oct 24, 2006 20:59
  • RANGER333
Are you looking for Dr Tea in Beijing?
If so it is:
No.1Min zu yuan Road Chao yang. District. Beijing
Tel: 0086-10-82083648 62063691 Fax:010-82077030
Jun 14, 2008 21:59
GUEST30163 from the canister of tea i purchased two weeks ago while in beijing. 010-62063691 & 010-82077030
Sep 1, 2008 07:16
GUEST13196 Hola Geordio

Did you have the White Tea from Fujian?
Kind regards
Cindy

hotmail.com|cindytrees
Sep 15, 2008 18:35
GUESTAUDREY Hi , Do you have Tian Qi Flower for sale? If so, Tell me how to purchase. Audrey
Oct 5, 2008 15:40
GUEST45117 The Dr. Tea I have encountered was on a tea farm outside of Hangzhou and he was excellent at what he did. I do not have the phone number but in 2004 he said he had a website. I am now in Hangzhou and am trying to find this place. Try to disregard the silly comments offered by all the no nothing "China Experts" that seem to be on this site. They are busy trying to find and live in China's past.
Dec 9, 2008 10:21
GUEST19254 I bought some tea from DR. TEA in Beijing, (No.1Min zu yuan Road Chao yang. District. Beijing)

But i forgot which tea was which. i bought the square gold can, the round gren and the round red. anyone know which is which?

please help. i love them all but i would like to know which one i am drinking.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: DR.TEA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code