Menu
Retirement in China
Aug 14, 2011 14:05
GUESTBILLT G I am planning on retiring in Kaifeng China in November 2011. I am on social security as my income. I am engaged to a chinese lady and we will be married within the first month I will be there.*(congratulations excepted)*

My visa will be for 60 days upon entering the country. I want to be able to live there with my wife permanently.What is the process I will have to go through to stay with her in Kaifeng permanently?Will I have to leave the country for a day every 60-90 days for 5 years and then apply for permanent residency? Or are there other ways I can get permanent residentcy and stay with her ?

I have heard once a person gets married they can get a 6 month or 1 year visa? Is this right?
Any one with info please let me know. I will be leaving U.S. in November. Billy G.
Aug 23, 2011 01:55
GUEST68157 Can a person live in China on $800.00 a month social security ?
In Chongqing where I live, a decent 2 br apt. is about $200. Most Chinese make under $500 a month. So it is possible if you stay away from East Coast cities. It's much cheaper here.
Nov 27, 2011 16:48
GUESTBOB The idea of marrying a chinese woman and retiring there is an idea that I have been kicking around. I live on social Security and my living standard here is low but when you think about the low incomes we have all read about in China, I wondered if my ss income would allow a better standard of living there. Would marrying a national of China allow being allowed to stay? What percent of the population there speaks English? Would this idea even be feasable without speaking the language? As my wife to be speaks enough English to understand.
Mar 16, 2012 01:43
GUESTYUSRIA CA can retire half the team and it won't make much encferdife.It's the management, especially Hilditch, who need to step down first. Hope Pakistan win tonight then lose in the finals to Sri Lanka, who are the only team (apart from Ireland) who deserve it.
Jan 16, 2013 21:56
GUEST31214 I'm married to a wonderful Chinese woman and have a yearly residence permit which can be renewed yearly at our local police station. I am also an American citizen who is now retired. If you receive $1000 a month in retirement benefits y should be able to live comfortably in China.
Jan 16, 2013 22:01
GUEST31214 Unless you live in the larger cities for example, Beijing and Shanghai English is not widely spoken although I do believe they are teaching English in scools now. Still no problem. My Chinese is very bad and I get along just fine.
Jan 16, 2013 22:07
GUEST31214 You probably have your answer already being this is an old post. It is true that you can get a yearly resident permit which can be renewed annually if you are married to a Chinese National but permanent residence permits are very hard to get
Mar 27, 2013 17:57
GUEST45250 Me and my wife like to retire in China, we both are 57 years British citizen with gross rental income £45000-£55000. Me and my wife like take early retirement in china what are the chances for retirement visa in our situation any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Nov 13, 2014 11:59
GUEST23682 how much to live in china I will be 59 this year and a income £350 a week in in england mood6]
Jun 17, 2015 08:24
GUEST74177 Any updates on a UK citizen being able to retire in China?
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Retirement in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code