Menu
Is it impolite?
Sep 3, 2005 06:48
  • DOUTIN
To: GAZ07

I heart the same about KFC. Chicken's feet were cut so they don't move a lot. In that way they grow fast and unfortunately eat what you said...
Sep 3, 2005 08:30
  • ELCABRON
There was a KFC problem in China recently with a sauce that can rase cancer....I forgot the chemical expression.....

Just watch the movie "Supersize me"! It is a self-experiment where a guy eats lots of fast food. The medical checks were a disaster soon.....
And shortly after the cinema start McD changed its offering. You can choose apples and more veggies now!

To Gaz:

1.I heard of that chicken meat incident of McD, too.

2.Heart problems of most pro sportsman are because of drug abuse;-)
Think of Tom Simpson who died on the ascend of the Mont Ventoux during the Tour de France - he was full of "medicals". Marco Pantani was convicted of doping, too. He later died of cocaine overdose.
About football, Maradona is a good example.
Or what about the Gazza Paul Gascoigne? He really got some problems.....but he was a great player!

If you want to do sport successfully you have to avoid any fast food, of course. Actually starting sports make you think more carefully about your nutrition
Sep 3, 2005 08:33
  • CALIFORNIA
what happened to Mcd and KFC?
Sep 3, 2005 08:38
  • RITA
I just read the news about the french fries might cause cancer, and they were forced to print and warning sentence on the packs. I am not sure about the whole story, maybe someone here could tell us more...
Sep 3, 2005 08:42
  • ELCABRON
KFC - the spicy sauce incident (around spring 05 I think)

french fries: I heard if the oil gets old and you still use it for frying, it gets carcinogenic - but that is the same for everything that gets fried.
Sep 3, 2005 10:31
  • NORTH
if i recalled correctly... if starch in oils is heated to very high temperates, a small amount of some carcinogenic substance is created.
Sep 5, 2005 01:38
  • CONNY129
I don't think pasta can compared with Chinese noodles ,Chinese noodle is so delicious and cheap ,not like the pasta is incredible expensive ,and more headache is that the waitress gave me a fork to eat noodle ,oh ,my god ,I swear I didn't use fork to eat noodle all my life .

btw,Maradona is the VJ of a popular TV program in Brazil now ,he is 40 pounds less than before ,and looks more handsome ^_*
Sep 6, 2005 03:57
  • GAZ07
Haha, i can't believe a fast food post has got the most replies of any post i've seen so far!

The ex-manager of my home soccer team, Greame Souness (Blackburn Rovers) had a heart bypass in his 40's with no drug abuse :( Other managers have had similar fate...

And i think pasta is really cheap from the supermarket! It saved my budget (and my ass) in Australia!!
Sep 6, 2005 04:57
  • CONNY129
I don't think the raw materials of pasta are cheap in China ,500 grames raw noodles cost nearly 10 yuan (an ordinary one ),and the catsup is more expensive . I just find them in the supermarket of Central Ginwa in Xi'an ,not fresh at all:(
Sep 6, 2005 05:09
  • ELCABRON
Pasta from supermarkets is called student food in the west:

cheap and fast+easy to cook;-)

But I never cared for pasta prices in Chinese supermarkets - 10 Yuan for 500g is expensive.

But Conny, what is catsoup???
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it impolite?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code