Menu
Is it impolite?
Sep 2, 2005 07:39
  • ELCABRON
Hey Cali,

there is the same quarrel about Spaghetti noodles. Italians are proud of it - or is it Chinese???

About Marco Polo, it is quite funny because his literature is considered to be a lie. Because there is no proof of his life in Chinese literature. It is believed that he never made it to China, only to the Arabic countries of the silk road. Because his desciptions are nearly perfect to this point, but about Chinese descriptions it is said he did some mistakes....so maybe he just heard about descriptions of China from Arabic traders....

About me, Im not Italian;-)
Sep 2, 2005 10:00
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Elcabron,I believe that italian noodles comes from China!I am sure that!
I heard that Marco Polo told a lie in his book,but I don't know his book!
Sep 2, 2005 10:25
  • DOUTIN
To ELCABRON:
thx for your comments on fast foods..by the way, impossible for me to get addicted, dunno why?.. actually it's been 6-7 years i didn't eat that, never in china!! i'd rather take a bowl of CHINESE noodles for 2-5Y than McDo, & co.
i read the same theory about marco polo in french..even two books with his writings, haha..amazing :)) hard to say it was true...
CONFIRMATION!"""
Sep 2, 2005 21:51
  • GAZ07
my post was deleted? =(
Sep 2, 2005 21:58
  • CALIFORNIA
Ah???why???is it the problem of the forum?
Sep 2, 2005 22:02
  • GAZ07
Maybe its the system again. Anyways quick version...

Don't be fooled ElCabron! Many soccer players and other sports stars who do sports have had a heart bypass!

I'm pretty worried i've eaten crap all my life :(
Sep 2, 2005 22:13
  • CALIFORNIA
hi,Gaz,I don't think Hamburger,Pizza,like this fast food are rubbish!But it is a problem,I often eat these,I am faaaaaat!!!
Sep 2, 2005 22:16
  • GAZ07
Couple of facts about Mcdonalds...

1. Recently they were sued by a customer who claimed they got salmonella (food poisoning through chicken or eggs) because they ate Chicken McNuggets from McDonalds.

McDonalds denied the claim because "there is no chicken in their Chicken McNuggets" - only "white meat."

2. I was told by somebody who works making the buns for McDonalds that there is one and a half cups of suger in each bun! The sugar melts, so you feel hungry again very soon.

3. Taken from Fast Food Nation, the book, 4 out of 5 burgers from Mcdonalds contain cow manure (poo).

BA BA BA BA BAAAAA
I'm Lovin'it
Sep 2, 2005 22:22
  • CALIFORNIA
Really?oh,my god!!!what about KFC or PIZZA Hut?
Sep 3, 2005 05:56
  • GAZ07
Your right, it's called junk food for a reason, but it does taste good. theres no harm in treating yourself now and again =D (i hope!)

I didn't hear anything bad about pizza hut.

I once heard many years ago (from a friend) that KFC chickens were forced to eat their own poo so they will be fatter. This story might not be true though, i don't know.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it impolite?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code