Menu
A good teacher??
Aug 20, 2005 19:38
  • KYLE
What is a good teacher.

As china is developing, English in an important langauge that most people desire to learn. China will soon be pushing for all teachers to have a university degree. In other countries it is mandatory to have a degree to teach, but is it that important? Should someones age be a factor when hiring? What do you think makes a good English teacher? What is important to you?
Aug 22, 2005 15:52
  • CATHERINE
Age is not a problem, while in my opinion, university degree is necessary, coz it to some extent represent your basic ability.

A qualification certificate of teaching is required for natives who'd like to be a teacher, while there is no such requirements for foreigners to be language teachers in China.

I think the most important point to be a qualified teacher is his passion and sense of responsibility to his work & students.
Aug 22, 2005 18:10
  • GAZ07
A good teacher can communicate well with his students :)
Aug 23, 2005 09:32
  • CONNY129
A good English teacher should encourage his students to speak loudly ,think possitively ,participate actively ~~ respect each student he taught no matter he or she is good or not at English .To be kind and patient~~

All of them reminds me my first English teacher -- Mr.Cui , although I lost contact with his for a long time ,we all miss him very much .That is a teacher's attractiveness.
Aug 28, 2005 11:06
  • JABAROOTOO
Teaching is a gift as many of you will already know from your own experiences at school. We've all had good teachers and lousy teachers. Several years at university and a degree does not necessarily qualify one to teach. Even less so a dregree outside the field of education. A degree will equip you with knowledge about teaching methods and resources, both necessary in this fast paced changing world of ours.
Needless to say I have no degree but I have not let this stop me from fulfilling my dreams. I like many others have been a teacher all my life, teaching one thing or another, at some time or another, passing on my skills, sharing my passions and my experiences. I also encouraging my students and peers to persue their dreams goals dispite their fears.
So what makes a good teacher? Not just the ability to communicate well but to be real and to be teachable.
To all my fellow teachers out there, with or without degrees HAVE A GREAT YEAR
Sep 4, 2005 04:55
  • ETHNICEAST
i find that in china your 'white or western' nationality makes you a good teacher. somehow they just want white skin folks and think that as long as they are white they are qualified. is it real or joking? pretty color blind if they are.
Sep 4, 2005 08:19
  • DOUTIN
To ETHNICEAST:

BINGO!"""
Sep 5, 2005 09:56
  • DOUTIN
To WOCCA:

can speak a language does not imply you can teach it
Sep 5, 2005 19:02
  • RITA
Definitely, absolutely, Doutin.
Sep 5, 2005 20:29
  • ETHNICEAST
i guess at the present moment, there is this demand more than supply, hence private schools will just take any 'white' teacher even though they dont even meet basic qualification. but as the industry regulates, the scenario will flip. i know one school employ a 'white' teacher even just to sit at a registration table at a roadshow just to attract students and get registrations. well it will be a learning lessons for chinese parents that sooner or later they will realise that the options are more than just 'white' teachers. personally,i have oftentimes have problem understanding australian or european english.
Sep 5, 2005 22:16
  • PEA28COCK
I was eager to be a teacher, but now I cannot. Some of my friends once said to me that I wouldn't be a good teacher because I am not patient enough to deal with those boys and girls. However I believe I will if I am given a chance. I have a true heart to almost everyone.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A good teacher??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code