Menu
2005 kaili international lusheng festival coming up
Aug 23, 2005 14:34
  • LOUISA
to backpackers who wants to expereince rural life in SW china kaili guizhou
Kaili is home to over one hundred festivals a year. The most common festival is the lusheng festival held often during and the festival is celebrated by the miao and dong villagers around kaili. The 2005 kaili international LuSheng festival will coming up in Oct during the nationa day and lasts 5 days
festival including bullfights, horse, singing folk songs , and playing the lusheng pipe. At festival time the miao women wear their stunning sliver jewellery often piling on five or six neck rings at a time as well as chains loins, chest locks and multiple headresses ,silver was originally obtained from melting old coins and girls wear huge horned silver headdresses and crowns with delicate birds and flowers and coins. When they move and dance all there jewellery and headresses makes different sounds.
festival it's time for the people to get together,nearby villages usually hold the same festival a few days apart so that everyone can attend each other's,festival provide the opportunity to travel around,socialize,meet friends and kinsfolk and be entertained by singing and the dance and bullfight and cockfight and horse rice, a market is frequently set up during the festival time that allows people to buy much needed goods!
let your eyes leading you to the countryside where suaround by mountains and rivers,where are you can enjoy homestay with local family in the peaceful village. if you are interested in visist my area not just see real china but also would be willing to teaching some english that can be great experience. i am a local girl in kaili and wold love to meet you up and arrange homestay for you in return you will give english or french as a faver. drop me yahoo.com|chinese_miaogirl
Post a Reply to: 2005 kaili international lusheng festival coming up
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code