Climbing Simatai is Very Exhausting

Written by Jul 12, 2010 22:58
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I went to Simatai Great Wall last summer holiday with one of my Chinese classmates. 
     At first, we didn't know how difficult the climbing would be and had a leisurely meal at the foot of the mountain. It turned out that we got a warning from the staff: "Hurry up, guys. We are here to do the round-off work." Oh, my God! As heard about that, we flied up the stairs, two at a time. No time to take pictures. Finishing about 100 meters, I already got tired. But the staffs were just a little behind us, so we heartened ourselves and kept climbing.

Arriving at the top and looking around, I was so excited about the scenery and asked: “where is Simatai?” A local guide said: "Simatai? It is far from here, we cannot see it now. We are near No.1 beacon tower, Simatai is around No.32. You can see it at about 14:30 at present speed." It was 11:30 then. Ohhhhhhh, I even wanted to fall down.

To keep its original look, the safety factor of the wall was very low, so one must be very careful, especially the No.13 beacon tower, which was strategically built on a ridge. All this made the climbing even more difficult. Sometimes, we were climbing with both feet and hands. At last, the feet lost consciousness, just stepped forward mechanically. They even trembled when climbing down the wall.
     No matter how difficult the climbing was, we finally got there and took some pictures, even though my legs couldn't bend for about one week. Here I just wanted to share my experience with you guys to avoid the problems.
1. Get ready for the upcoming climbing. Better to work out weeks ahead.
2. Start the climbing earlier to leave more time for sightseeing.
3. I've heard that the Simatai was closed for renovation since June 17th, so don't go there now.

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Great Wall Travel Tips ANNIE from UK Jun 30, 2010 08:59
2. Travel Tips of Badaling Great Wall ZOEY from Belgium Jun 26, 2010 01:07
3. My traveling experience of Mutianyu PAN from Singapore Jun 16, 2010 22:12
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.