One Day Beijing Tour to Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs

Written by Mr. BRUCE Nov 10, 2010 23:57
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

As a traveler to Beijing, Great Wall is always a must. But it will not take one the whole day to visit it, then the Ming Tombs which is not far from the wall is visited in the same day, thus forming a very popular Beijing One Day Tour. Then the thing comes that there are many one day tours to Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs in Beijing, most of which are privately operated and illegal. Then, why not travel on your own since the transportation to these places are indeed convenient. Just follow my itinerary below:

1. From Beijing downtown area to Badaling Great Wall:
There are two transportations available, by bus or by train. Trains depart from Beijing North Railway Station, currently there are two of them, one is at 0933, and the other is at 1319. If it is the high season, train will be a good choice, for bus may be stuck in a traffic jam. But if you want to reach the wall earlier, then choose bus 919, which leaves for Badaling from Deshangmen. The earliest one is at 0600. Here I want to remind you that there are many private or branch line 919 around the Deshengmen Gate. First, you need to ask the driver if the bus will take you to Badaling Great Wall, not Badaling Spring Hot or Badaling Skiing Resort or some other places; then you must take the bus with a transportation card reader even if you may pay by cash, for those buses without card reader are private buses and you may get cheated. Actually, there are three legal bus 919 lines from Deshengmen to Badaling, better not take the slow one, the other two are OK and no much difference.

2. From Badaling Great Wall to Ming Tombs
The main site in Ming Tombs is Dingling Mausoleum. First, after getting down from the wall, you need to make it clear where you are, Back Mountain or Front Mountain. No matter where you are, please go to the Backe Mountain to take one of the buses 919 to south gate of Ming Huang Wax Palace (fast line is preferred). After getting off the bus, you may need to walk about 500 meters to the front gate of Ming Huang Wax Palace (明皇蜡像宫), transfer to bus 314 to Nanxin Village, then walk to the Dingling Mausoleum.

3. From Ming Tombs to downtown Beijing
Go back to the south gate of Ming Huang Wax Palace and take bus 919 (again fast line is preferred) to Deshengmen.

I make this itinerary from my own and friends’ experience. If any of you get some updated information, welcome to reply to this review. Thus it may help the will-be traveler in a right way. BTW, you can take bus 409 from Deshengmen to Huguo Temple to enjoy the local snacks, only 3 stops.

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. I just visited Huanghuacheng today JUT from USA Oct 30, 2010 07:26
2. Badaling Great Wall Traveling ---Easy to Do It Yourself ONTHEROAD from Afghanistan Oct 27, 2010 22:29
3. Amazing Fall Colors on Juyongguan Pass NAYAZ NOOR from India Oct 27, 2010 05:50
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.