My Trip to Mutianyu Great Wall

Written by Sep 1, 2010 22:53
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Getting There:
Mutianyu was in Huairou District, about an hour bus drive from downtown Beijing. Had been told by my friends that did not take the tour bus, for there were a few of them and one might need to wait for a long time. So I took the bus 916 from Dongzhimen (the station was not far from the subway station but you may spent some time to find it) to Huairou Bus Station. I had planned to get off at the final stop, but met some kind-hearted people who were also going to Mutianyu and I joined them to get off at Beida Street. There were many mini-buses there which offered to send tourists to the Great Wall. I shared one with a family group. It only cost us rmb30.

At the place where I got off, there were KFC, MacDonald, small restaurants and supermarket. So no need to bring food with you from Beijing, one could easily bought it after arriving. There were also many peddlers at the foot of Mutianyu Great Wall, but never bought things from them. The price was really high.

On the Walls: 
The transportation to Mutianyu was not as convenient as the one to Badaling. Maybe that was one of the reasons that it was not as crowded as in Badaling Great Wall. So I did not take photos with the passers-by as backgrounds and had more time to enjoy the scenery The stairs were well repaired and there were plants on both sides. It was a trip to embrace the nature. Arriving at the middle of the section, two ways appeared in front of me: one was climbing down, the other was up. I chose the one to climb up. I climbed while admiring the towers on far mountains and took breaks in the towers when tired. There was cool wind in those towers. By the end of the section was wild walls covered with grass. I saw someone continued to explore the wall, but I returned, for I was tired and afraid of the creatures in the grass. 
Mutianyu Great Wall

All in all, Mutianyu Great Wall was not crowd, so one could climb it slowly, especially in some steep sections. It made the trip safer. Another thing was that even though the opened section was well repaired; it was still very tiring to climb it, so better made the tour in last days of your traveling.
Mutinyu Great Wall in Close-up

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. Visiting the Great Wall MADDOG from United States Aug 28, 2010 18:58
2. My Adventure to Jiankou Great Wall CELIANA from China Aug 25, 2010 04:27
3. My Trip to Badaling Great Wall TRAVELTOTHEWALLS from Italy Jul 20, 2010 03:54
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.