Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Other Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 17-24 of 112 Page 3 of 14 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
Correct Info, Please
By MISS_ALANNA | 6/17/2009 10:56:26 PM

I have no problems with paying a deposit for a hotel. I have no problems paying for the room on arrival. I DO have a problem with being given incorrect information.
Being relatively new to China, and still learning basic language, I like to be prepared when I go to a new place with my basic phrases and answers written in Pinyin for me to refer to and enough money to not look like an unprepared fool. The concept of 'face' dominates Chinese social interaction and as a new resident it has rubbed off on me rather quickly.
I was mortified when I showed up at my hotel in Shanghai, booked through TCG, to be told that the information I had been given was incorrect and I needed to pay a 700RMB deposit on the room.
The staff were very helpful, I think they felt embarrased for me, and directed me to the nearest bank whilst minding my luggage. I don't like to carry excessive amounts of cash especially as a lawei in a Chinese city for the first time.
The matter was sorted out but not before I had been embarrased, the staff had been embarrased and TCG had embarassed themselves by not having correct information for the hotel they represent.
I know that TCG lists numerous hotels from all over China as well as providing a wealth of information on these but I have to say that the information might as well not be there if it is incorrect.
My travel tip would be; find someone who can speak Chinese and double check EVERYTHING you book. It saves time, inconvenience and face.

Rock Climbing in Dali
By CLIMBDALI | 6/15/2009 5:17:27 AM

Dali now has rock climbing. 20 routes have already been bolted by ClimbDali and by others. If you're a beginner or an advanced climber, Dali is a good place to enjoy the sport. Contact info@climbdali.com for more information.

The fast train from Shanghai to Yiwu
By YIWUTRANSLATOR | 5/18/2009 1:33:51 PM

Last time we had been Shanghai for first visiting there.and we don't know which staion could take the train from Shanghai back to yiwu.
Bcz have too many train stations in shanghai,maybe for me was hard to take the right one,for other easy.
anyway, don't care is hard or easy.but i think it is better that i share with other friends here,so we can save more times and give the right direction to all of you
:
.The fast train Timetable From Shanghai to Yiwu.
Time Train No. Takes time
7:20 D5685 It will take 2 hours and 20 minutes
7:44 D5689 It will take 2 hours and 21 minutes
11:27 T169 It will take 2 hours and59 minutes(near 3 hours)
12:34 T211 It will take 2 hours and36minutes
13:12 D5665 It will take 2 hours and 13 minutes
15:11 Z84 It will take 2 hours and 43 minutes(near 3 hours)
15:11 Z81 It will take 2 hours and 43 minutes(near 3 hours)
15:27 D93 It will take 2 hours and 5 minutes
15:35 D112 It will take 2 hours and 6 minutes
15:35 D109 It will take 2 hours and 6 minutes
21:51 Z27 It will take 2 hours and 18 minutes
21:51 Z26 It will take 2 hours and 18 minutes

travelling Hangzhou when 1st May Holiday
By YIWUTRANSLATOR | 5/16/2009 2:00:28 PM

When 1st May,i went to hangzhou for inspecting facotry for T-BAR,the factory is located in Hangzhou,After finished the work,i took the chance to visite Hangzhou west lake,Can not miss it.
i like it so much,Can you see from my photos,it showed that green tree,fresh air,the most important was that you can see energy people everywhere.it doesn't matter they were older or young.

Reminders!
By MEI30 | 5/6/2009 2:29:37 AM

Hi everytime I go out shopping, grocery visit places I always bring a copy of my passport and some copy of identifications. You never know what will happen and some places like congregations and I've read some pubs require a passport. And if you are new better to bring a map and asked a friend or someone to write your address in Chinese character so if you get lost you can take a taxi and just show this address.

Don't drink the water
By SAMURANG1004 | 4/3/2009 3:39:14 PM

It is a good idea to buy bottled water when traveling. You can not be sure of the purity of tap water in other countries.

Arrival and Departure Cards
By WANHU | 3/26/2009 1:10:11 PM

Both Macau and Hong Kong Immigration provide duplicate card where the first page is for arrival and the second is for the departure. Make sure you sign on both forms upon arrival and retain the second card in your passport, because if you lose the second or the departure card, you will not be allowed to leave Macau or Hong Kong. Macau Immigration Arrival/Departure Card is written in Chinese, Portuguese and English, while Hong and China are written in Chinese and English.

China arrival card is detachable with the departure card. Visitor can only fill the arrival card which will be given to the immigration officer at the arrival counter. You don't have to retain the departure card in your passport.

Kuala Lumpur to China with AirAsia
By WANHU | 3/26/2009 1:03:02 PM

With the introduction of low cost flights by AirAsia, many Malaysians and Mainland Chinese in particular, able to visit both Kuala Lumpur and cities in China. Besides Hong Kong and Macau, AirAsia flies to five (5) destinations in China, namely Guangzhou (CAN), Guilin (KWL), Haikou (HAK), Hangzhou (HGH), Shenzhen (SZX) and Tianjin (TSN). Malaysia Airlines (MAS) also flies to five (5) destinations in China, namely Beijing (PEK), Guangzhou (CAN), Kunming (KMG), Shanghai (PVG) and Xiamen (XMN).

True to its motto: “Everyone Can Fly” AirAsia has indeed enabled many low income group to travel, including me. I have never dreamt of travelling to China as cheap as RM600 to Shenzhen and back. I am not a representative of AirAsia nor its agent but just would like share this glad tiding because both countries have a lot to share from culture, business to health treatments. From Kuala Lumpur there are two flights daily to Guangzhou and Shenzhen while other destinations are only once.

Some destinations you can return on the same day, such as Guangzhou and Shenzhen but not Guilin, Hangzhou, Haikou and Tianjin. As for Guangzhou the first flight arrives at 0945 and the last flight to Kuala Lumpur is at 2035; first flight for Shenzhen arrives at 1045 and the last flight to Kuala Lumpur is 2045 but other flights are just enough for a touch down.

Tips 17-24 of 112 Page 3 of 14 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip