Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Other Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 25-32 of 112 Page 4 of 14 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
Be very careful
By MASTERMIND002 | 2/11/2009 1:58:04 AM

Here is my advice to all the foreigners:Whenever you plan to have a journey in China, please do take a chinese friend with you.No matter how good your chinese is,If you don't look like Chinese, most of the times, you won't be treated fairly.Unfortunately there is nothing like religion in here and these people don't mind cheating others.They don't have a criteria to distinguish good from bad.If they want to do something ,they won't mind others feeling.NO human respect.Trust me friend, i have been living here for a really long time.

Minority festivals coming up Jan --Feb Kaili guizhou ( spring festival)
By LOUISA | 12/26/2008 1:27:08 AM

Kaili , the capital city of QingDongNan which encircled by the numberous villages, the name " land of festival" with 158 festivals year around, kaili QingDongNan with largest Miao village xijiang and largest Dong village ZhaoXing make its unique , less tourist yet full of rich minority cultures.
here is the festiavls which are going to be hold during the spring festival time.

Date Festival PLace minority

Jan 26 ---Feb 1st JiSa Festival LiPin Long'e Dong
Jan 27 ---30 Kanhui Festival DanZai WuLiNan Miao
Jan 31 ChaiGuFestival TaiJiang Miao
Feb 3rd---9th Dragon lautin festival shibing Miao
Feb 4th---9th Lusheng Festival Da fengdomg Miao
Feb 6th---7th LuSheng Festival Kaili QingMan Miao
Feb 6th---8th LuSheng festival Majiang Tong Gu Miao
Feb7th--8th Lusheng Festival Kaili WanChao Miao Miao
Feb8th LuSheng Festival ZuoXi ShiQi Village kaili Miao
Feb 8th---9th LuSheng Festival DaZhong Village zhuoXi Kaili Miao
Feb 9th d ragon Lautin Festival TaJiang , Jian He, JingPing Miao
Feb 9th--Feb10th Clmb moutain Festival LuSha Miao
Feb 9th --11th KanHui PangHai , WanShui Miao
Feb9th---11th KanHui DanZai Miao
Feb 10th --11th Kanhui ZhouXi Miao
Feb11 Lusheng Festival WanChao Miao
I am Miao girl from kaili, if you interested in travel these area, I would be willing to help, in return if you teach me English and French.
drop me wuminlouisa@gmail.com

Only 60 km away from China`s huge cap
By RESTGO | 11/17/2008 8:03:27 AM

Only 60 km away from China`s huge capital Beijing there is this lovely little village called Chuandixia. This village is known for its well preserved 689 Ming and Qing dynasty-style houses owned by 76 families.

These houses are built on the side of a hill. surrounded by mountains and forests. Steep stairs and lanes paved with rocks are simple and unadorned.

The village was rated as a village of great tourist value and has been placed under national level cultural relics protection. It is a great place to take photos. Almost every family at the village now receives tourists.

The village is also near spots like Shuanglong Gorge. with its rivers and falls. the Pearl Lake and the Longmenjian grand canyon.

To get there: take bus 929 from Pingguoyuan subway station to Chuandixia village.
The accommodation: China Hotels booking.

Pingyao, China Travel Tips and Costs
By RESTGO | 11/13/2008 6:56:55 AM

1) If you do plan to spend much time in Pingyao, there are many ancient ruins and courtyard houses to see outside of the city. Tours organized by local hotels or hostels could take you there, but a simple taxi is also a good option.

2) Speaking of taxis, they are available (rickshaws in the city), but if you’re going around the city its best just to walk. Don’t forget to bring good walking shoes, though, because a day on the feet can be a killer! Another option would be to rent a bike, something we weren’t able to do because of the chilly weather.

3) If you’re around Pingyao during the Spring Festival, get excited! Although the temperature might be a bit cold, you’ll forget about the weather when you see all of the decorations, lanterns, and fireworks they put on. Instead of the old grey that usually covers the city you’ll be treated to a display of color and lights that really give the city life.

4) Although you’ll probably pay the general admissions fee to get around the city, don’t go to all the included sites. Most of them just aren’t worth it. Rather, take a stroll around the parts of the city where you don’t see tourist, where the people live. Here you’ll get to really experience a taste of what it was like to live in ancient China. China Hotel here is also afordable as cheap as other place in China.

Cost:
Enter the City and Wander: Free
General Admissions Ticket: 120 RMB per person

Crossing a major intersection 1st tme
By ALLANH | 8/28/2008 7:22:10 AM

Crossing a major intersection in China is dangerous to Aussies. Nothing like Australia. Best thing you can do is to virtually attach yourself to a native, watch and see how an intersection works. Then you will be OK

Photo's of Government people
By ALLANH | 8/28/2008 7:05:39 AM

Hi, I was in Beijing last year (2007), If you wish to take a photo of a policeman or soldier, PLEASE ask before you take a photo.
Some are OK , others DO NOT.

My adventure didn't start with China
By GAZZA20 | 6/13/2007 1:14:11 AM

Courteous readers;

I only have a few big tips and that is to keep an open mind and try to learn some of the language. People will appreciate it and you will go far in making friends if you do these things.

Try not to discuss politics such as Taiwan. It is too sensitive. I have lived on Taiwan and find the thinking alien to the Mainland and vice versa.

Most people I meet are shy and won't discuss things so openly with us as outsiders. Topics such as those which contain adult content make most people feel uncomfortable, but that seems to be changing.

I guess the most challenging thing I have ever done was to go from a weight of 300 pounds in 3 years to 180 pounds where i am now.

Just keep trying, whatever it is you are doing and you will get it right one day and succeed. Do not be put off or have your heart broken by failure.

Success comes to those who are pateint, especially if you are learning English. I find Chinese very challengiing and rewarding.

Happy journey.
Gary

When a green man means danger
By APAULT | 6/3/2007 10:17:00 AM

In the west we are used to a green man at traffic lights meaning it is safe to cross. This is most definitely NOT the case in China. Traffic also often has a green light and does not give way.

It is NEVER safe to cross w ithout looking both ways first

Tips 25-32 of 112 Page 4 of 14 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip