Menu
Happy Teachers' Day - Sep 10
Sep 3, 2005 07:03
  • RITA
Happy Teachers' Day to all the teachers here in this forum!

The first Teachers' Day was in 1931, the date was June 6, organized by a group of famous teachers without being officially appoved by the Kuomintang Government.
In 1939, the Kuomintang Government decided to set the Teachers Day on August 27 - Confucius's birthday, due to the turmoil, it was never carried out throughout the whole country.
In 1951, the New China government decided to set the Teachers' Day on May 1, the same day with Labour Day, neither had this one ever been popular.
Finally, teachers found a day to celebrate their glorious career in 1985, since then, on September 10 every year, teachers all over the country get special attention and gifts for their services to this country.
Being a teacher in China is not simply a job, it is one of the most respected career and soul engineer.

Sep 3, 2005 07:06
  • RITA
Happy Teachers' Day!

Sep 3, 2005 08:27
  • CALIFORNIA
I only know Wocca and Doutin were teacher in here!Maybe Jarbrootoo also a teacher,Happy in teacher's day,Wocca and Doutin!
Sep 3, 2005 11:13
  • CUTEBABE
Thank you la
Sep 3, 2005 11:34
  • DOUTIN
Thanks Rita, CALIFORNIA!"""
i'll be working on that day..
Sep 4, 2005 08:59
  • CALIFORNIA
To Doutin:working?You have no weekend?!
Sep 4, 2005 09:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks for remembering us.

It seems teachers are often much more than just teachers today but this is not always recognised, appreciated or respected.

I hope everyone enjoys a day off to celebrate.
Sep 4, 2005 18:54
  • CROBERTO
The basic message that a teacher needs to receive is quite simple. “We appreciate you”.
I appreciated the old teacher that learned me my first words. Now I appreciate my chinese teacher that have the patience to introduce me in the difficult world of the chinese language.
I appreciate all of you, dear teachers.
Sep 4, 2005 19:36
  • RITA
I think all the other festivals or special days are better to celebrate at home or even get one or a few days off, but Teachers' Day is an exception, it's good to stay at school with students.
Sep 5, 2005 03:51
  • RITA
I remembered arguing with friends when they said except those festivals and memorial days, almost all the other "Days" were set for the weak groups, for example:

Children's Day: of course being children is the most enjoyable 'career" but need a lot of protection and attention ;)

Father's Day & Mother's Day
Men and women may be very strong in life, capable in their careers, but being a dad or mom is the most hard and "less paid" job.

Labour Day
Of course, labours need at least one day to let the world know they move the world ahead.

Women Day
Feminism was making a great sound in western world, but none of them did so well as in China - known as holding up half of the sky, but without question, women is still a weaker group in the present world;

Teachers' Day
For years, when mentioning teachers, "hardworking" and "less paid" would popup into people's mind, believe it or not.

No need to say about "Blindman's Day " and "Elder's Day' etc
Sep 5, 2005 22:43
  • PEA28COCK
There are almost countless teachers throughout one's life. I think that not only the people who stand on the platform in a classroom, facing a group of students, writing on the blackboard with chalks can be called teachers. Those who teach us to do things in daily life are also teachers. No one can have a good life without teachers.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happy Teachers' Day - Sep 10
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code