Menu
enjoy life in countryside!!
Oct 28, 2005 02:17
  • CALIFORNIA
yes,peacock,it is so beautiful,from then,I have had the CDs of John Denver:-)

Oct 28, 2005 02:19
  • CONNY129
of course ,I've heard of that balladry ,a very beautiful song ~~

I have to admit that the village I used to live in is no longer the same as ten years before .the small river disappeared ,children can not swim and fish ; the sky is darker I can not see the stars clearly at night ;chicken is blocked in small ferrous cages they can not live in the courtyard freely as they used to be ~~~~
Oct 28, 2005 02:20
  • PEA28COCK
It's a pitty that I haven't heard other songs by John Denver. I don't whether they are beautiful or melodious or not. But I guess that they must be!
Oct 28, 2005 02:27
  • SEAGULL
Almost Heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge mountain, Shenandoah river
Life is old there, older than the sea
Younger than the mountains
Blowing like the breeze......
aaahhhhhh beautiful song.....so sad that John Denver died in a plane crash.
Oct 28, 2005 02:32
  • RITA
You are right, peacock, I did not spent much time in countryside, and I agree that not all the rural areas are the same, maybe you happened to be from the affluent one with idyllic life. I had some opportunities to rural areas - during college in a northwest city, you know, known to be remote and destitute. Once I taught in a small village(I have told the story in another discussion post, I do not want to repeat here); another chance, I, with some of my classmates went to a poverty-stricken county to allocate clothes donated mostly by students, I saw what the 'rurality' was like that I could never imagined.

Then, my question is, why don't you choose to live in the countryside?;-) (Job? You can quit; Boyfriend? You can persuade him to go with you. What else?)
Oct 28, 2005 02:35
  • CALIFORNIA
WOW,Seagull,excellent!!!Usually,I listen to the musics,and I have never sing these!
Good!

Oct 28, 2005 02:39
  • CONNY129
no pure water ,no internet access ,no decent restaurants , no shopping mall ~~~~
Oct 28, 2005 02:43
  • SEAGULL
Thanks California...When I read what you all discussed here about living in the countryside...I wanna cry!!! Here in Singapore I have never seen a countryside. I visited China a few times. I really like the countryside. Good clean air, green trees, beautiful landscapes. But living in the countryside is boring. There's no happenings. Holiday in the countryside is a better option. You will come home all refreshed!!
Here in Singapore I can dream about the countryside....and then cry!!
Oct 28, 2005 02:48
  • PEA28COCK
Well, rita, your questions make me feel sad, really. Please don't misunderstand. I am a sensitive girl!
yes, you are right. I can quit my job and persuade my boyfriend to go back to my beloved hometown with me. I can. The reason why I still work in city is that I am making my parents' dream come true and keeping it. I work for them. I cannot make them feel disappointed. You know I am the only girl who left so far away from my hometown to study in a university. I have so many responsibilities on my shoulder.
Too much to say, but-----
Oct 28, 2005 02:50
  • CALIFORNIA
To Seagull:As a City Country,Singapore is good enough,we call it "Garden Country"!

Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: enjoy life in countryside!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code