Menu
Toilet Facilities In China
Apr 18, 2006 04:06
  • PRIDE
Bus stations will of course have bathrooms and they tend to be disgusting. Train stations are usually no better. Even airports can be a little stinky. The only buses in China with toilets are the super deluxe express buses.
Apr 18, 2006 08:23
  • INMEDIC
Hi,
I agree with you. Have you been on a long train ride?
Jul 12, 2011 19:11
GUESTINTERAC... With a twisted knee, as quick and nervous in action as the limitations.
Feb 6, 2012 13:43
GUEST53766 We will be visiting Shanghai and Beijing in April. At a Superbowl party yesterday, someone informed me that it basically is a Unisex system. Is this the case? She went on to tell up something about an I Pod Standing, that you actually carry around with you. This sounds Ghastly. Please advice.
Thanks,
Feb 6, 2012 20:08
GUEST23476 GUEST53766,

the situation you friend told you was long time ago. Things have changed today. Unless in some remote area in Shanghai, I think that the unisex toilets have disappeared.

Don't worry. Shanghai is one of the several most developed cities in China. You won't be embarrassed in the bathroom.
Mar 1, 2012 22:05
  • GRIZ326
The worst toilets I've encountered in my travels were in Paris, France. I've seen some terrible toilets in the USA.

China's toilets can be rough, but when you travel to remote parts of a country still coming into its own, you have to expect that.

It's really nothing that should diminish your enjoyment.

Mar 18, 2012 06:09
GUESTPLETCHE... To believe with certainty,we must begin with doubting.
Apr 29, 2012 17:14
GUESTPERKINS... In fact - you are right, but on some issues, I do not agree with you and would like to discuss them in detail.
Jul 13, 2012 11:40
GUESTALEXANDRU Hehe! I learned the fun of titoels when our work moved to a brand spanking new Eco-friendly building. I was so confused when I went to pee and saw two buttons on the wall what do I do? Haha! Funny post my dear :p.
Jan 22, 2013 19:40
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTALEXANDRU

Hehe! I learned the fun of titoels when our work moved to a brand spanking new Eco-friendly building. I was so confused when I went to pee and saw two buttons on the wall what do I do? Haha! Funny post my dear :p.

Two buttons? It's totally out of date. Infrared sensors have been equipped in the toilets. The sensors control the flushmeter. When you stand there, the sensor allows the flushmeter to let out the water. Very convenient!
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Toilet Facilities In China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code