Menu
stay free
Jan 12, 2006 21:50
  • SNOWBIRD
I love Poland.

Jan 13, 2006 00:45
  • WSTEVE
thanks both of u for introducing of poland. i like 2 go abroad traveling, but it is difficult for chinese. for now, the key point is teach my son english and find way send him study abraod when he grow up.
Jan 13, 2006 11:18
  • DOUTIN
QUOTE WOCCA:
[You could be better off having a Chinese student teach your child the basics of English ... ]

i agree with you WOCCA.
a chinese teacher could explain almost anything better than 99% of the native english teachers in china!!
and let's say some more, i would never teach a 3y old kid, even for 1000 RMB/day !!

QUOTE WSTEVE:
[i wish my son can learn the pure english, not chinglish(chinese english),lol..., and i am not rich, so i think up this way. ]

do u think that foreigners teach for less than a chinese? u need to make some market research about that..

my personal advice is: better find a chinese teacher who can teach your son the sounds in chinese untill the age of 5; and another one for the basic english, but only after 5-6. then when he gets about 7, find a foreigner who will do the oral part and teach him more everyday live english.

hope it'll be helpful..and good luck with the native teachers :))
Jan 13, 2006 11:30
  • LEOMAN
Hi..I am planning to visit gaungzhou to do some buying from manufactures in the city...i do need an apartment or place to stayu for a week or two,,,but i cannot be able to teavch your son any english..i will pay for the accommadation and will also neede a tour guide and a translator
Please help
Jan 13, 2006 20:36
  • WSTEVE
i only can provide a room, not an apartment. means u have to live with us. and as i said, my house is just a general chinese one. dont expect how good it is. :-}
i think i can be your translator but not a professional one. and i can't accompany with u at monday to friday because i have to work too. about other details, like how much u will pay/ur country/age/gender/smoke?/drug?/when and how long will u live, pls discuss it with my
e-mail box: ehomenet.com|steve_w
Jan 13, 2006 20:46
  • WSTEVE
the language professor said it is better for a child 2 study language earlier. the best way is learn it as monther language.
i know the price of foreigners is higher than chinese. so i give them free stay 2 replace pay money.
Jan 13, 2006 22:08
  • JELLYFISH
So strange proposal. You can write english so I assume you can speak english too. Why do you need someone to teach your son english?
Jan 14, 2006 01:52
  • WSTEVE
i wish my son can learn the pure english, not chinglish(chinese english),lol..., and i am not rich, so i think up this way.
u r right, i can write and speak english. but not good enough 2 teach.
i think there r some misunderstanding about" teach". what i mean is give him a language environment, talk with him, teach him something. not very serious, not study systematically with a book. but if u promise 2 teach him, u must take some time everyday with him when u live here.
Jan 14, 2006 05:55
  • DOUTIN
QUOTE WSTEVE:
[the language professor said it is better for a child 2 study language earlier. the best way is learn it as monther language.]

A child learns by playing, that's pretty normal and not new. Where you live people speak in Cantonese and sometimes Mandarin, so one hour/day [30min+30min] in English would be enough. Don't expect that your son, living in China, will be bilingual in 2-3 years..

QUOTE WOCCA:
[Of course, the language schools advertise that they have a foreigner & usually charge parents more because of this.]

These kindergartens and schools provide just a "white face", and not knoledge. It's called rip off! Am I wrong?..

BTW, chapeau to those bad Chinese headmasters who are brilliant businessmen!""
Jan 14, 2006 20:47
  • WSTEVE
my son can speak mandarin and cantonese smoothly because we talk these two languages when he was born. if u were here before u know how different between these two languages.so i think i can let him speak one more.
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: stay free
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code