Menu
Your travel plans in 2006?
Mar 8, 2006 03:26
  • RITA
I have been to Huanghuacheng Great Wall:-), it's very dangerous, I did not 'climb' it, just had a long look at it.

I think it is no longer allowed to climb. :-)
Mar 8, 2006 03:38
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,you are right,Rita!

I will try to do it:-)
Mar 8, 2006 04:08
  • NIHAOCHINA
Hey there!
I am not planning to travel anywhere for the next a couple of years, I guess.
First, traveling in May or Oct Holidays is a nightmare.I don't pay to see people's heads everywhere. I'd rather save up for a long trip AROUND China in slow seasons.Probably it'll last a couple of months and covers as many places as possible(instead of doing small travels at different times).I would like to start from the south all the way up to North( stop in Xinjiang) then eastern bits.
Good luck with your trips:)
Mar 8, 2006 17:34
  • ROGERINCA
Great topic Rita !!

Of course in 2006, I will attempt to make at least 2.5 trips to China, I hope it will be three !! LOL

On my first China trip in early May, I will go to Guangzhou and HuaDu. If I have time, I will try and get in a quick trip to Shanghai !!

I will try and return again in mid to late Summer, and if I did not get to Shanghai in May, I will take a three day side trip at that time, and see as much of the city as I can.

[If] I am able to squeeze in the third trip, I will try to get back to China, in November or December. Maybe this time, fly via Beijing, so I can give 'California' a ‘Sacramento Kings’ shirt, and him buy a big bowl of “fried “rice, at his favorite restaurant, then kneel before the Great Wall, all before heading back down to the south of China for some warmer weather in Guangzhou, and another visit to the Holiday festivities at the 'Tee Mall' !!! :) :)
Mar 8, 2006 19:24
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Roger,

My god!You have so many plans:-)I hope they can be true steps by steps!!!

And welcome to Beijing,Maybe I should make my travelling photo album as soon as possible!

Mar 8, 2006 19:51
  • CALIFORNIA
QUOTE:"Maybe this time, fly via Beijing, so I can give 'California' a ‘Sacramento Kings’ shirt, and him buy a big bowl of “fried “rice, at his favorite restaurant, then kneel before the Great Wall, "

Thanks a lot,and welcome to Beijing:-)
Mar 8, 2006 22:06
  • MAY001
Haha, Roger
It seemed that u have enjoy money and time!! Enjoy ur stay in China!
Mar 8, 2006 22:36
  • DREAMCATCHER
Just like what SAYHITOANT, I had planned to go to Yunnan. But I guess visiting China too frequent and too soon may cause "travel fatigue". Too much of beautiful lakes and mountains can be boring. So I will head to Western Europe to see something different.
Mar 8, 2006 23:21
  • ROGERINCA
Quote: MAY- Ha ha, Roger
It seemed that u have enjoy money and time!! Enjoy ur stay in China!

Thank you May !!!

I think all of us must live within a budget. I prefer not to spend/waste my money on meaningless things; but would rather spend it on things that are the most meaningful and rewarding to me, as in travel to China !!

Also, as I have stated in previous postings, China is quite affordable !! The airfare to China is much cheaper for me, from the west coast of California, than travel to Europe. I can stay at a very comfortable Three+ Star hotel for a very modest amount, and great food is abundant and inexpensive in China. Moreover, I am at a stage of seniority in my career, that I have a large amount of (paid) vacation credits available to me. Last, I feel most comfortable in China and among the wonderful people of my second home.

And to WOCCA !!! Thanks loads !!!!

Why did you have to tell California, about the [more] expensive shirt !!!!?????

I was going to get him the inexpensive 'T-Shirt' for $17.00 !!! Now you have forced me to go over my budget !!! LOL LOL :) :)

Mar 9, 2006 00:44
  • BELLELI
I'm going to Lijiang, Yunnan this June. Because it will be the travel low season of Sanya, I will have enough time to visit other places. haha.........
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Your travel plans in 2006?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code