Menu
How do you think about Chinese folklore?
Apr 13, 2006 03:27
  • RITA
Hi Dykhmily,

folklores/ foletales(民间传说) are anecdotes handed down orally from generation to generation, during the coming down, usually you can't find them in records of official history, or if there was any trace, they are widely divergent. Due to the nature of yearning towards better life, people keep putting more elements into the already fantastic stories. They are becoming more and more beautiful but further and further from the practical life...

Folk customs(民间习俗) to me are much close to everyday life, as those taboos and dos and donts during traditional holidays, like Spring Festival, Dragon Boat Festival ...

The differences between folklores and folk customs are the differences between "-lores" and "custom", especially in CHinese
Apr 13, 2006 03:31
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Rita,

Have you considered that to be as a teacher in an university???

LOL~~~~~~
Apr 13, 2006 03:36
  • RITA
You mean the very famous and big "Stay-at-home University". Oh, I'd love to:-)
Apr 13, 2006 03:39
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha!!!Of course not!

By the way,does it mean "家里蹲大学"???

What's about your major???---Wash bowl???
Apr 13, 2006 05:10
  • YEMMIE
Hey,

Three of my favorite subjects. I am a hopeless romantic (unusual for a man), I am a supermarket Buddhist (that means I have beliefs that lean in that direction, but I am not a good praticioner. The beliefs just kind of guide me in my everyday life), and I like imagining that there is magic and power beyond what we normally experience.

Sorry if I've undermined the focus of this thread. I would love to hear some of the stories. If anyone here would tell me about some of them I would greatly appreciate it.
Apr 13, 2006 16:26
  • INMEDIC
Hi Dykhmily,

I like to see the countryside instead of the congestion of the city with the traffic and everything. I am into the outdoors and I like having my feet feel the grass between my toes. I have been into martial arts for some years and I learned about the Buddhist meditation part of the martial arts, Qi and nature part of martial arts water, fire, wind, etc.
Apr 13, 2006 19:55
  • MAY001
1 Most of the Chinese believe in immortals, fairies, and especially the ghost of the ancestors. We believe that our ancestors will bless us. But this is not a Belief.
2 I'm a city animal so I prefer city life. But metropolis such as Shanghai & Beijing are not suitable for me. I love Xian!
3 I love China no matter she's good or not.
Apr 13, 2006 20:33
  • DYKHMILY
thanks, YEMMIE
Apr 13, 2006 20:36
  • DYKHMILY
INMEDIC and May, thanks
Apr 14, 2006 00:22
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,may,so interesting!!!

City animal:-)
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you think about Chinese folklore?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code