Menu
How do you think about Chinese folklore?
Apr 25, 2006 02:28
  • KEVINWARDCFC
Dear DYKHMILY,

Greetings. I like your questions about Chinese Culture.

Because China is such an ancient civilization, it is bound to have an` extremely rich tradition in culture. And as folklore is part of culture, that too will be rich and deep. And that is just what we find. Some of the loveliest stories in the owrld come from China. Some of the world's greatest theatre is from China. Some of hte world's greatest achievements are from China. Think of her Great Wall.

The economically advanced cities along the east and osuth coast, have lost some of their culture under the influence of western pressures. The heart of myth is still in the country.

You say 'uncivilised' - but the country side is not uncivilised. It is only illiterate. What is deepest and loveliest in Chinese culture is still carried by people in the country and rural areas. I do not go to Shanghai or Beijing to see China at her best. I go the villages and small towns in the centre and west and north of the country.

What do I love about China and her people? Well, as I have written elsewhere in this forum, I admire the courtesy and grace of the people. I admire their discipline and dedication to hard work. I like their tradition of communal meals, often sharing from the same bowl or dish.

All the best with your project. Kevin

Apr 25, 2006 04:49
  • PEA28COCK
Hi KEVINWARDCFC,

"What is deepest and loveliest in Chinese culture is still carried by people in the country and rural areas."

I love your words and totally agree with your idea. You can enjoy the most authentic China in countryside. People there have the most typical traditional Chinese moralities. This is also my opinion.
Apr 26, 2006 09:08
  • RUNNERMORE
I'm interested in such kind of things very much. And i'm wondering where can i find some people who can tell me some real stories happened aroud them. I'll go to visit them.
Check the link, there're some fairy tales and folklore here:
http://www.chinavista.com/experience/fable/fable.html
http://www.chinavista.com/experience/story/story.html
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you think about Chinese folklore?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code