Menu
Air tickets!!! Please Help
Jun 14, 2006 17:52
  • JDECASANOVA
Hi my name is Jorge , i need to know whether to buy domestic tickets within China from abroad or wait until i get there to buy them. I was quoted $ 150 one way from Shanghai to Xi'an and then another $ 150 from xi'an to Beijing. I'm flying into Hong Kong and want to fly to Guilin and i cant find anything under 220 one way . Please help its my first time in China and i'm completely lost .. Leaving late July. Thank you so much.
Jun 14, 2006 19:51
  • RUNNERMORE
hey Jorge. Try this link: http://english.ctrip.com/
Good luck!:-)
Jun 14, 2006 21:15
  • PINETREE
If this is your 1st time to China, suggest that you buy your airticket at home - unless u have friends/agents to buy for you when in China. The difference won't be that much.
$150 is in Singapore currency ?!
Jun 14, 2006 21:53
  • ELEMENT
Hi Jorge,please do not worry about this. There are many flights between Shanghai/ Xi'an/ Beijing everyday. Suggest you purchase that after you arrive in China, for you can get a better discount and it is really very convenient. Most hotels can handle this for you.

For the flight of Hong Kong/ Guilin, if you fly directly from Hong Kong to Guilin, it is much more expensive. So you can transfer to Shenzhen by train or bus first which is very easy to achieve, and then take flight to Guilin. By this means, it can save about USD120.00 for you.

Have a nice trip!
Joyce
Jun 14, 2006 21:54
  • ELEMENT
Hi Jorge,please do not worry about this. There are many flights between Shanghai/ Xi'an/ Beijing everyday. Suggest you purchase that after you arrive in China, for you can get a better discount and it is really very convenient. Most hotels can handle this for you.

For the flight of Hong Kong/ Guilin, if you fly directly from Hong Kong to Guilin, it is much more expensive. So you can transfer to Shenzhen by train or bus first which is very easy to achieve, and then take flight to Guilin. By this means, it can save about USD120.00 for you.

Have a nice trip!
Joyce
Jun 15, 2006 10:42
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Jorge,

Are you quoting $US. I always buy my tickets on arrival in China as they are certainly cheaper especially if you are travelling outside peak periods.

Example:
Quoted price in RMB Guangzhou to Xian Y1470 I Got same ticket this week for Y880 all inclusive of taxes 60% plus postage to send overseas to friend all up less than Y1000

I also go 60% on my flight from GZ to Chongqing, paid a little extra and got VIP service while I waited, still cheaper than buying before I left home. Unless you get in very late there will always be at least 5/10 flights to major destinations.

By the way I buy these tickets myself at the airport. There is a counter in the arrivals hall where you can find someone willing to sell you good priced ticekts.

Check the reccommended prices using the link on top right of this page so you know what discounts you are getting.

By all means use your hotel if your spending the night somewhere and buy tickets two or three days in advance if you can.

Good luck
Jun 19, 2006 00:28
  • JDECASANOVA
Thank you very much i appreciate the input.

I need to get from Macau to Guilin
Guilin to Chengdu
Yichang to Shanghai
Shanghai to Xi'an
Xi'an to Beijing

I figure the last two should be pretty good because there seems to be a lot of flights to those places. im going to Macau for two days and i dont know if i can go from Macau to Shenzhen then fly to Guilin. Is there a flight here that i should definetely book with time? again thanks , i really appreciate any kind of advice
Jun 19, 2006 02:59
  • BELLELI
There are 5 flights from Shenzhen to Guilin every day at least. The departure time from 09:30AM to 21:10PM. The total rate is RMB740 with all tax, not expensive. I think it's possible for you to buy tickets when you arrive in Shenzhen.

Good luck!
Jun 19, 2006 03:37
  • ELEMENT
Please note that the air tickets of Yichang/ Shanghai are always under great demand.Reserve that in time~
Jun 19, 2006 11:11
  • JABAROOTOO
From Macau to Shenzhen is a ferry -easy
shuttle bus from Ferry to Shenzhen airport.
Buy ticket on arrival

Is that the destination order of your itinerary. It seems to be going in circles????

Can I suggest
Guilin to Xian
Xian to Chengdu

Looks like you might be doing the Three Gorges from Chongqing to Yichang

New train service from Chengdu to Chongqing

Yichang to Shanghai
Shanghai to Beijing

It's more of a circle than the zig zag the other option offered or do it in reverse from Shanghai to Xian to Beijing.

Jun 24, 2006 18:55
hi jorge~ i just sent you a message without replying .i guess maybe it did work here .
i wonder has your flight troulbe been solved ? if not , i can help you to search some information about this . because right now , we are both on line , so we can do instant communications . here is my msn : hotmail.com|xiaoyu0003
hope everything goes fine ```
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Air tickets!!! Please Help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code