Menu
Air China carry-on size
Jul 13, 2008 08:12
  • JABAROOTOO
Only liquids cream, perfume, etc which exceed 150mls per container.

The same is standard on ALL International flights

You can ask for water once you've boarded your flights.
Jul 13, 2008 23:25
  • ELLYSE
No, I believe they only confiscate if the containers (regardless of volume of contents) exceed 100 ml.
Oct 10, 2011 11:04
GUEST52104 Can i Carry 2 laptops with me onbaord?....ane as in laptop bag, other one as in carry on bag. Is it allowed in Airchina or Jetairways flights?...
Plz suggest me how to carry?.....ThANK YOU...
Oct 10, 2011 23:19
GUEST8094
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST52104

Can i Carry 2 laptops with me onbaord?....ane as in laptop bag, other one as in carry on bag. Is it allowed in Airchina or Jetairways flights?...
Plz suggest me how to carry?.....ThANK YOU...

According to the custom rule, you can only bring one laptop for personal use. But I read that someone once brought two laptops from Paris to China. One is in carry-on luggage and the other one is in checked baggage.

I suggest you confirm this with the airline company. Their answer is the most authentic.
Oct 11, 2011 06:31
GUEST52104 Thank you for your valuable information...
Oct 12, 2011 06:44
GUEST56126 Airlines are quick to change their rules regarding "free" luggage.
I just completed a visit to China, I flew China Southern, and they allowed 2 check in pieces of luggage (up to 50 lbs each) and a carryon. I had no problem with a computer on top of that.
Aug 31, 2012 11:09
  • ALTOID
I need to fly from Delhi, India to Dalian, China to take a job teaching English -- Z visa. The main options seem to be China Southern and Air China. But their websites say they only allow 5 kg for a single carry on.

Does anyone have experience flying to China from Asia on these airlines?

In my past experience, all airlines have allowed a small backpack or computer bag, in addition to the main carry on, as well as a camera, bag of food, or whatever. And the backpack/computer bag was not weighed.

Do China Southern and/or Air China allow these extra carry ons, despite what they say on their websites?

China Airlines has a more liberal stated carry on policy, but I can't find a flight to Dalian, for some reason. (I have a very slow ISP).

Thank you for any help.
Sep 2, 2012 01:16
GUEST6767 ALTOID,

Why not call them or send them an email for detailed information since you can find their official website.
Sep 2, 2012 11:42
  • ALTOID
GUEST6767:

First of all, their websites are not exactly user friendly, at least outside China, and do not have readily available email contacts from the main pages. I finally found email and phone numbers for offices in India, and emailed them last week. I have not received any replies. Also, most of the phone numbers listed on their websites for India do not work. Not receiving replies to emails and non-working published phone numbers are very common in India.

I have dealt with other airlines out of the U.S. and Asia, and I have never seen such unhelpful websites.

I did see one thing buried in an FAQ list that certain categories of travelers, such as students and "laborers" might be eligible for special baggage allowances, unspecified.

As to phoning, I am nervous about not having anything in writing regarding baggage allowances.

I was hoping somebody here might have flown either of these airlines from within Asia recently and could shed some light on the unwritten rules of carry ons. I find it hard to believe that they only allow one 5 kg bag. But who knows?

Sep 2, 2012 20:40
GUEST6767 ALTOID,

I am sorry that I can not help you with this. I just flew two times and didn't fly with China Southern and Air China.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Air China carry-on size
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code