Menu
Teaching position at Ameson in Nanjing
Nov 7, 2012 20:37
GUEST12341 I used to teach at Ameson and thankfully I don't teach with the company anymore. This organization is dodgy, just dial their Washington D.C number and you would realize it's not an actual office number but a recording. I sent a friend who lives in D.C to trace down the office and they could not find the place. Imagine that! I wish I did my investigating before I came to China. It's all smokes and mirrors..This company doesn't respect your contract, it's just something they have to trap you but you can't trap them. I am still waiting for my payment for training that they promised me. They will let you go without notice. Say if someone in the school doesn't like you, -- a teacher, a principal, you will be out on your ass. If you are women it's better to work on a labor camp than at this organization because they don't respect your rights, and their have been many cases of sexual harassment. In China, who you know and how low are you willing to bend down and kiss their ass goes a long way. If you are that person then you will go far with the company, if not, save you self get a job at an international school! The company is unorganized!
Jan 23, 2013 14:46
GUESTRYAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST12341 View Post

I used to teach at Ameson and thankfully I don't teach with the company anymore. This organization is dodgy, just dial their Washington D.C number and you would realize it's not an actual office number but a recording. I sent a friend who lives in D.C to trace down the office and they could not find the place. Imagine that! I wish I did my invest...

Hello, My name is Ryan and I am a student at a DC university and an intern at Ameson's DC office. I can assure you, it is a real place. I'm sitting in the office right now. Your friend must not have looked very hard, I was able to find it on my first day of work pretty easily. I don't know anything about the offices in China, but the office here in DC is real, legit, and functioning. If you have any questions about Ameson or want proof it is a real thing, feel free to email me: "rverhey {at} ameson {dot} org" (but without any of the spaces)
Apr 22, 2013 15:24
GUEST04846 Like I say to everyone. You applied to us we didn't come to you! It's easy to sit back an make judgments about a program or its people, when you didn't have the courage to even walk into our office. Shady is someone that comes into a federal building to peek than leave like a thief in the night.

I left a senior level VP position at a college to spear head this program. This program is legit as you said and is above board. When other programs ask for program fees, WE DO NOT! We require the highest of quality before we approve anyone to participate in our program, OTHERS DO NOT!

If anyone wants to join other programs, please do! But don't bash a company or organization that is putting recent grads to work and assisting with their future. WE DO!!!

If anyone has any questions about our program, benefits or concerns please contact our office (202)-618-6033. It's real easy to hide behind postings. For all we know you were someone that we rejected from our program. Please don't sign the intent agreement, that's what's its actually called!
Apr 23, 2013 00:57
GUEST55323 Like I say to everyone. You applied to us we didn't come to you!

That's funny. If a company or organization can't keep its promise to its staff, how can it expect its staff to work for them? If you promise to provide full airfare reimbursement, then do it. Don't change your rules after you recruit some people. It's cheating.
May 5, 2013 11:39
GUEST38192 This is distressing. Who do you trust? The web site and credentials sound amazing. I wish there was an independent means of vetting this company.
May 6, 2013 00:07
GUEST72475 This place is shady. And a total ripoff. They spam their advertisements ALL OVER THE the internet trying to convince naive kids that college graduate English teachers never make more than 5k RMB per month in China (I started at 15k RMB/month in my organization here in China, and I graduated in 2012; average 'teach English in China' wages for college grads at legitimate organizations start at around 10 - 12k RMB). When gullible kids in the U.S. believe this crap, they sign up, not expecting to be paid more and guess who keeps the extra money per month that they WOULD be earning if they got paid a legitimate salary? It would appear that those who police these forums propagating their company BS are the ones taking in that extra cash...

No wonder there are no program fees. They are already using their contract signers as fresh meat for the sharks in China.
May 9, 2013 22:28
GUESTCONFUSED "Like I say to everyone. You applied to us we didn't come to you! It's easy to sit back an make judgments about a program or its people, when you didn't have the courage to even walk into our office. Shady is someone that comes into a federal building to peek than leave like a thief in the night."

Kind of hypocritical, don't you think? And what sort of attitude is 'you came to us, not our fault if we screw you over'??? Yikes.

"I left a senior level VP position at a college to spear head this program. This program is legit as you said and is above board. When other programs ask for program fees, WE DO NOT! We require the highest of quality before we approve anyone to participate in our program, OTHERS DO NOT!"

Er...a lot of programs don't have program fees, what makes you special/stand out?

And what sort of 'high quality candidates' do you take besides breathing, English-speaking bodies to plug into positions at schools? As a program recruiting college grads to teach English, you get paid by schools to fill spots (like many of these schools), I assume? Why would you be picky? What is your acceptance rate, anyway?

"If anyone wants to join other programs, please do! But don't bash a company or organization that is putting recent grads to work and assisting with their future. WE DO!!!"

...so it is wrong for people to criticize something they perceive as wrong, and to inform others?

"If anyone has any questions about our program, benefits or concerns please contact our office (202)-618-6033. It's real easy to hide behind postings. For all we know you were someone that we rejected from our program. Please don't sign the intent agreement, that's what's its actually called!"

Right, so like you did? Hiding behind a post? Give us a name. And who is this post responding to??? So confused...

This thread just seems like a middle school catfight between cowardly people...and it is really quite the turn off for this program...Just my 2 cents!!
May 23, 2013 18:38
GUEST51244 So....is this program really legit or not? Based off these posts, I'm guessing no...
May 24, 2013 01:41
  • WOMBATX
Sorry dont have much info about the school, but Nanjing is a nice place to live/work! It s definitely not as crowded/polluted as those big cities like Beijing or SHanghai, but it is a culturally and socially vibrant place with lots to do and lots good food to try out!
May 26, 2013 12:24
GUEST52234 Good afternoon. I was recently accepted to teach abroad with the Ameson Foundation. I read your post and became somewhat worried. What are some resources I can consult to confirm your statements. I want to do as much research as possible about this organization before or if I end up committing to this program. Please email me at gmail.com|Shivy88 I would like to know some more of what you know about Ameson. Thanks.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Teaching position at Ameson in Nanjing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code