Menu
Bus trip from Kunming to Lijiang
Apr 20, 2010 03:16
  • ELLYSE
What is your definition of "cheap"? Are you travelling alone? Are you looking for a dorm bed, or private room?
If you haven't already, most English-language guidebooks will have plenty of listings for inexpensive accommodation in those three locations. You would also do well to read the reviews on TripAdvisor or similar websites, a search should turn up some findings.
Jun 1, 2010 06:36
GUESTMARIUS Hi im planning to make a trip from lijiang to kunming in the beginning of July. I've read here that its possible to go by bus from Lijiang to Dali and from there to Kunming. Because we are on a tight schedule we prefer to go directly to Kunming by bus. Do you guys know if thats also possible?

Greetings Marius
Jun 2, 2010 20:30
  • ELLYSE
Yes, possible. If you'd bothered to read the earlier replies on this thread you would've already discovered this!
Jun 9, 2010 10:34
GUESTJIDA Hi
Lijiang have Airport ?
Jun 9, 2010 23:05
  • ELLYSE
Yes.
Jun 26, 2010 06:16
  • PAAPOOPA
we are a group of 7 planning to visit during the xmas season...
we not planning to stay in kunming, so hoping to get a flight or bus ticket when we arrive kunming airport.
will it be advisable to prebook airticket of bus ticket from kunming to lijiang?
Jun 26, 2010 15:44
  • ELLYSE
Flight tickets would be easier to deal with.
Jul 15, 2010 00:21
GUEST13816 Hi Ellyse
You mentioned flight would be easier to deal with, can we buy the airticket at Kunming airport ?
We are planning to travel to Lijiang in mid Aug 2010 & would be flying to Kunming first.If possible to catch a connecting flight on same day to save 1 nite accomodation.
How can I buy the flight tickets when I arrive Kunming airport ?
There are about 6 of us travelling.
Please let me know how much would the air ticket costs if you can.
Thank you very much
Jul 16, 2010 15:18
  • APAULT
There are many buses plying these routes. I would not concern to fix anything in advance unless you have a very tight schedule. Lijiang and Dali are ENORMOUS tourist centres with heaps of accommodation of all types and dozens and dozens of travel agents who can arrange tours and onward travel. You will have no problem there. In Kunming there are various buses and the train to Dali...your hotel/hostel can assist.
Jul 20, 2010 23:28
GUESTGUEST13816
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT View Post

There are many buses plying these routes. I would not concern to fix anything in advance unless you have a very tight schedule. Lijiang and Dali are ENORMOUS tourist centres with heaps of accommodation of all types and dozens and dozens of travel agents who can arrange tours and onward travel. You will have no problem there. In Kunming there a...

Hi APAULT
Thank you for your response.

I am not concern about hotels. I just wanted to know when we arrived at Kunming airport around 1pm, are we able to buy airtickets or bus tickets there. Also would there be bus in the afternoon from Kunming to Lijiang ?
We do not intend to overnite at Kunming & want to go straight to Lijiang,by air if the airfare is cheap, if not we can go by bus which is much cheaper - was told it takes 7hrs, is it true?

Regards
GUEST 13816
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Bus trip from Kunming to Lijiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code