Menu
Yichang to Shanghai Need advice
Oct 24, 2006 15:25
Our River Cruise docks at 1 pm. The flight from Yichang to Shanghai is full. Travel agent says we can get bus to Wuhan in time to catch 6:10 flight to Shanghai. Guidebooks says express bus takes 4 hours. Airport in Wuhan is 30 miles from bus station. Question: Is it possible or should we plan on spending the night in Wuhan? It seems awfully tight schedule to make...we are 65 and 74 years old and can't run very fast with full backpacks. lolhttps://community.travelchinaguide.com/images/face18.gif
https://community.travelchinaguide.com/images/face18.gif
Oct 24, 2006 20:38
  • ALICEGAO
Actually, it usu. takes you five hours to travel from Yichang to Wuhan by bus.
You can see from the map that Wuhan is composed of three towns, which are Wuchang, Hanyang, Hankou. The bus station is in the center of Wuchang, while the airport is at the suburb of Hanyang, quite far, isn't it? At least RMB 150.00, and you also got to in a hurry.
Maybe you can stay in the hotel named "May flower" which is opposite to Bus station, it should have their own bus to send the customers to the airport. Even no that kind of service provided there, you can just go back to the bus station, and take the airport bus in the morning, RMB 30 per person. By the way, the room in the hotel won't be cheap.
Have fun and take care!
Oct 24, 2006 21:09
Thanks for the advice. That solves that problem. We will spend the night in Wuhan then and get an early flight out the next day. I appreciate your prompt answer to this question as we leave for China in a few days.
Oct 25, 2006 02:54
  • ALICEGAO
You're welcome.
Have fun!
Oct 25, 2006 07:40
  • PINETREE
Always good to allow more time in your travelling schedule. You are on holiday, don't rush and plan everything too tight.
Oct 25, 2006 09:04
  • MISHEN
I just took the trip from Wuhan to Yichang this afternoon - it took less than 4 hours and was a comfortable ride. Very misty weather in Yichang at this time!
Oct 26, 2006 08:15
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
If you get in at one and the flight you want is 6.10 that only leaves you five hours. Tight at the best of times. Mishen is crrect about the bus being less than 4 hours all going well.

If you catch a bus in Yichang from the station close to the Train Station it makes a stop in Hanyang before arriving in Hankou. I suggest that you find a hotel in either of these locations. Not hard to find.

Wuchang is on the southern side of the river and quite some distance thereofre from the airport.

Enjoy your trip
Oct 26, 2006 20:25
  • ALICEGAO
The bus I took this summer vacation took me five hours from Yichang to Wuhan. I’m not sure about the four hours bus ride, so, hope I didn’t give any wrong suggestion. Sorry for that!

Oct 29, 2006 21:06
thanks all of you for your help. We have decided to couchsurf with an family in Wuhan for two days and take the overnight train to Shanghai. Will cut time off of Shanghai and enjoy the pleasures and sights of Wuhan instead.
Nov 12, 2006 03:37
  • ELLYSE
I'd say that Shanghai has a lot more to offer travellers (no, I don't mean the touts/scammers/pimps on Nanjing Lu pedestrian street and around People's Square) than Wuhan.
Mar 13, 2008 11:48
GUEST39197 I plan to travel on the Yangtze cruise from Chongqing to Yichang. From Yichang I would like to travel on to Huangshan, any suggestion ?
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Yichang to Shanghai Need advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code