Menu
Hong Kong to Kunming..need Travel Guidance
Jul 30, 2009 00:50
  • ELLYSE
No.
Aug 2, 2009 08:31
GUESTALBERT ... I am planning a trip to Wenzhou for a party of four (travelling with my wife and both my in-laws, they are about 65 years old but they are fit for travel). How many days should I spend in Wenzhou and the surrounding areas of interest ike the Yandang Mountains, Nanxi River and the other scenie areas? Is there a travel agency that arranges trips for only four of us if we want to travel from Shenzhen? Appreciate aany advice on where is worth going and where not to waste time in Wenzhou. Thank you
Jan 22, 2010 12:12
GUEST29230 Hi So the train from Hong kong to kunming is 26hrs? are you sure that seems real long time.
Jan 22, 2010 21:54
  • ELLYSE
There's no direct train for Hong Kong -- Kunming. You'll have to take a train Hong Kong -- Guangzhou East, then a taxi or metro to Guangzhou main train station to get a train for Guangzhou -- Kunming. There's also a train departing from Guangzhou East train station, but at 0702 so you'll have to stay in Guangzhou the night before. The fastest train for Guangzhou -- Kunming takes 25h12min. So for the entire journey from Hong Kong to Kunming by train would definitely take more than 26 hours, perhaps 29 hours. Look on a map, it's really far!
Jun 1, 2010 00:34
GUEST17116 Hello,

I will be travelling in Hong Kong in late-November and then plan to travel by train to Kunming and Chengdu. What is the easiest way to do that? I am Canadian and do not speak Chinese. Is it easy to travel?

Thank you!
Jun 2, 2010 20:23
  • ELLYSE
There's no direct train for Hong Kong -- Kunming. You'll have to take a train Hong Kong -- Guangzhou East, then a taxi or metro to Guangzhou main train station to get a train for Guangzhou -- Kunming. There's also a train departing from Guangzhou East train station, but at 0702 so you'll have to stay in Guangzhou the night before.
There're a number of trains for Kunming -- Chengdu.
It's not easy to travel, but if you do your homework well then you'll be better prepared.
Jul 6, 2010 06:06
GUESTALIZSO Hi Kyle,
Just read your suggestion and thanks alot. My family and I are planning to travel to Kunming end of July by train. Do you have any updated infor. Could you tell us something about Nanning accomodation around the train station and where is the best place to stay in Kunming. How can I find details on the train timetable? Thank you so much.
Sep 4, 2011 04:44
GUEST81189 Hi
I am going to hong kong to kunming next week if there is any updates or any information you like to share with me
Appreciate
Thanks
Jan 26, 2012 15:50
GUEST31193 hello
i need some help about how to travel from hong kong to kunming...
someone can tell me how to do it? how long it will take it?

thank you
regards
Jan 28, 2012 20:44
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST31193

hello
i need some help about how to travel from hong kong to kunming...
someone can tell me how to do it? how long it will take it?

thank you
regards

The direct way is to take flight from HKIA to Kunming. It costs at least 1000 RMB.

The other way is to get to Shenzhen first and then take long distance bus to Kunming.

Bus schedule:
Fuyong Bus Station: 14:30
Shajing Central Bus Station: 13:30
Pingshan Bus Station: 11:00, 11:30
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hong Kong to Kunming..need Travel Guidance
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code