Menu
FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Jun 18, 2009 02:26
GUEST11377 Hello i am a student studying in Nanjing and I will be returning home for the summer via Pudong Airport in Shanghai. I will be leaving Nanjing for Shanghai on the 29th of June (2009) which is one day before my flight (which is on the 30th of june). I want to know how to get to Pudong Airport from Shanghai Railway Station and i would also like to know if there are a few places i could out where i could possibly stay for the night before i leave the next day. Thank you. Help would be much appreciated.
Jun 19, 2009 03:05
GUEST80183 How long is the distance between Shanghai Train Station to Pudong Airport by Taxi & and also by bus if any.
Jun 19, 2009 03:12
GUEST80183 What is the distance between Shanghai Train Station to Longyang road, if I have to go on the Meglev to Pudong Airport, and what are the timings of the Meglev?
Jun 22, 2009 01:17
  • ELLYSE
Currently due to the H1N1 health checks on all incoming aircraft, I would reckon on getting out of Pudong airport about 1-1.5 hours from your flight landing time. Thus I would expect to get out around 0815-0830. It then takes about 1-1.5 hours by airport shuttle no.7 (20 RMB/pax) or taxi to Shanghai South train station, so I would expect to arrive around 1000, at the very fastest 0930. I would not want to take the Maglev + metro with luggage, as you would need to change lines either a) once at People's Square which would be extremely crowded in rush hour, or b) twice at Century Avenue and then Shanghai Indoor Stadium which won't be any less hassle/crowded. It wouldn't be much faster with this method anyway.
As for Hangzhou airport, check-in for your 1410 flight would start at 1210, and I would get there no later than 1300. I would allow about 45 mins to get to Hangzhou airport from downtown Hangzhou, by airport shuttle or taxi. At Hangzhou main train station, the taxi queue might be somewhat long, so taking a taxi might not necessary be faster than the airport shuttle. To be safe, I would want to arrive in Hangzhou no later than 1130.
I think rushing for the D5657 mightn't be possible. If you don't mind a less comfortable train, I would recommend that you try to get tickets in advance for train 2135 (0956--1200) which takes just a little over 2 hours, but which arrives at Hangzhou east train station. Here you don't have the option of taking the airport shuttle to Hangzhou airport, but the taxi ride should be a wee bit shorter, so you should be able to arrive by taxi within 30 mins.
Jun 22, 2009 01:23
  • ELLYSE
Airport shuttle no.5 (18 RMB/pax) runs from Shanghai main train station to Pudong airport and takes about 1.5 hours. A taxi might take around 1 hour, but it would cost around 160 RMB depending on traffic conditions.
Are you looking to stay near Shanghai main train station, or Pudong airport? What price range are you looking at?
Earliest departure of the Maglev from Longyang Lu terminal is at 0645, frequency 15 mins. However at this early hour the maximum speed is only 300 km/h instead of the usual 431 km/h.
It takes about 35 mins by metro from Shanghai main train station to Longyang Lu, with a change of line at People's Square. Earliest metro at Shanghai main train station towards People's Square is at 0530.
Jun 22, 2009 08:54
GUESTNURMS Hi Ellyse,

I''ll be arriving from Beijing at Shanghai Railway Station by Train no Z21 at 07:15 and my flight home via Amsterdam is at 12:50 on Aug 9th.

1. Do you think I would have time to go around Shanghai before head to PuDong Airport? (i'm thinking to check out the People's Sq for about an hour before continue to Longyang Lu. Is that advisable on sunday morning?)
2. I want to try Maglev since i travel light. So, from railway station, I should take metro 1 to People''s Sq and change to metro 2 to Longyang Lu and take Maglev. How much should I pay (?RMB + ?RMB + 40RMB) and time taken in total (35mins + ? mins) ?
3. Another option is, the travel agent is offering airport transfer from shanghai railway station of RMB 680 for two person. Ain't it too expensive?

thanks in advance
Jun 22, 2009 22:04
  • ELLYSE
I think you need to reconsider those plans, as the Z trains are no longer running between Beijing and Shanghai. You should be taking the newer, faster and more expensive D trains if you want to go overnight. Yes, the T trains are still running but they'll arrive too late for you to be in time for your flight.
1) If you take the D trains, I think it should be fine for you to catch a glimpse of Shanghai before you leave. Note that your flight's check-in starts at 1050, and I would be there no later than 1145.
2) If you're not stopping at People's Square (ie getting out of the metro interchange) then it'll only cost you 4 RMB from Shanghai main train station to Longyang Lu. If you're stopping at People's Square, then it's 3 RMB for the 1st ride and 4 RMB for the 2nd. Shanghai main train station -- Longyang Lu takes about 32 mins, Shanghai main train station -- People's Square takes 8 mins and People's Square -- Longyang Lu takes 21 mins.
3) That's way too expensive. My regular driver would be able to do it for less than half of that price!
If you've any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.
Jul 19, 2009 12:20
GUESTNICO71 I would like to know whats the best way to go from the shanghai pudong airport to the train station going to Yiwu I believe it leaves from Shanghai South leaving on the D train. I would appreciate it if I can get some help. Thanks
Jul 19, 2009 22:14
  • EREN
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTNICO71

I would like to know whats the best way to go from the shanghai pudong airport to the train station going to Yiwu I believe it leaves from Shanghai South leaving on the D train. I would appreciate it if I can get some help. Thanks

Hi
first you take taxi to the train staion ,then by train to yiwu.

If you need some help in yiwu ,welcome to contact me.I'm in yiwu

have a good trip

eren

yahoo.cn|aizhurong999
msn;wxrzyn2hotmail.com
mob:86-13157909250
Jul 19, 2009 23:07
  • ELLYSE
"Best" is subjective. What time are you arriving at Pudong airport? How many of you are there and how much luggage do you have?
Page 10 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code