Menu
FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Jan 29, 2009 04:01
  • ELLYSE
Go out of either the southwest or southeast exits of Shanghai train station (the north exit was under renovation when I last left Shanghai, I doubt it has been completed yet). Look for the "clock tower" in the middle of the train station square. Facing the clock tower (thus facing away from the train station building), there should be a road horizontally in front of you. Cross the road and walk a little to your right. The shuttle bus stop is there.
Jan 31, 2009 07:34
GUESTRIO hi i'am rio.. i want go to Shanghai Railway Station from pudong airport.. with meglev
can you give me the rules?thx
Feb 1, 2009 21:33
  • ELLYSE
Rules??? Goodness, what rules? I think you mean directions!
Take Maglev to Longyang Lu Maglev terminus, go out of the Maglev terminus and into the Longyang Lu metro stop beside it. Take metro line 2 from Longyang Lu to People's Square, change to metro line 1 and alight at Shanghai Railway Station. Be warned that People's Square interchange is extremely crowded. I do not advise going by this route if you have more than 1 piece of easily-manageable luggage, or if it's rush hour, or if you're not used to crowds, or if stairs and lots of walking doesn't appeal to you!
Note that Maglev does NOT run at full speed throughout the day, and it doesn't run all day either. What time is your flight arriving?
Feb 2, 2009 23:15
GUEST51112 Can you help me with my travel plan ? We ( 5 adults -- one is my mom who is around 80 ) will fly in to Hong Kong in Mid May 2009. And then , the places that we want to visit are : Shantou , Guangzhou , Shanghai , Suzhou , Hangzhou and Yellow Moutain and come back to Hong Kong. Here is what I think and need help :
1. From Hong Kong , where should I start first . I think from Hong Kong to Shantou . I think there is a bus . Can you help me with the schedule. My plane will arrive Hong Kong at noon. So, it may be around 2 pm when I get out of the airport. And the cost of the bus.
2. Shantou - Guangzhou (Canton) : is there a bus or train to take. which one is better ?
3. Guangzhou - Shanghai : train or plane ? is there a fast train ? cost?
4. Shanghai - suzhou : I may need a private tour. right ?
5. Shanghai - Hangzhou : I beleive there is a train to get there. Can you tell me the number and station ? cost?
6. Shanghai - Yellow mountain : train or plane ? cost ?
7. Shanghai back to Hong Kong : My flight from Hong Kong will leave at 2.00pm . Is there a train ? or should I take the plane ?

Or can you suggest me how I should plan my trip. I am taking my mom to visit China. I did a lot of research but still lost. thanks a lot. You are very helpful.
vichuda
Feb 3, 2009 10:07
  • ELLYSE
1) No direct transport at that time. The only direct transport for Hong Kong airport -- Shantou is a bus that leaves at 0725. I would suggest that you take a bus going to Shenzhen's Luohu border, then get a bus to Shantou (about 4 hours journey time) from there. Buses run to Shantou every 20 mins till 2140, 170 RMB.
2) I think bus might be faster. There're only 3 trains each day for this route and they take 7-8 hours, so not recommended.
3) Flight if you can afford it, budget airline Spring Airlines flies this route. Fastest train still takes 17 hours.
4) Not necessarily. Why did you think so? However, considering that there're 5 of you, including an elderly person, it would probably be good if you hire a vehicle and driver for the day, for your convenience.
5) More than one, there're quite a number. Fastest are the D trains which take around 1.5 hours, departing from Shanghai South train station. Tickets cost 54/64 RMB each way for 2nd/1st-class.
6) If you're going from Shanghai, I would suggest flight if you can splurge, or else overnight train. Your elderly mom might not enjoy 6 hours on the bus. At least on the train you can still walk around and use the toilet when necessary. Or better, go direct from Hangzhou, it's only 3 hours by bus.
7) Train will take 20 hours and departs only every other day. You might want to consider flying to Shenzhen then taking ferry to Hong Kong. You'll need to be at Hong Kong airport by 1200. Looking at the schedule (http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com/eng/schedule/airport_2.html), you should probably aim for the departure 8S313 at 1100, so you'll either have to take the earliest flight from Shanghai (and hope that Lady Luck is on your side), or else fly to Shenzhen the night before. Alternatively, you could try and see if there's a Huangshan -- Guangzhou flight on your dates, then take train/bus from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. If so, then skip Guangzhou at the start of the journey and fly directly from Shantou to Shanghai.
Ideal way to organise these destinations would be Hong Kong -- Shenzhen -- bus -- Shantou -- flight -- Shanghai -- train/vehicle hire -- Suzhou -- train/bus/vehicle hire -- Hangzhou -- bus -- Huangshan -- flight -- Guangzhou -- train/bus -- Hong Kong airport.
If you have any more queries, email me directly at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" in the subject line.
Feb 3, 2009 19:12
GUESTSENTHIL i wan to go 1008, Shanghai International Trade Centre. by bus and taxi.i am coming through train. pls let me know whelther i want to buy train tickets to shanghai railway station or shanghai south railway.

thanks.... pls help me.
Feb 4, 2009 22:25
  • ELLYSE
Distance from both will be about the same. Where are you taking the train from?
Feb 12, 2009 01:06
GUESTSUBHAG I want to go Pudong Airport, Shanghi to Yiwu on 18th Feb after 4:00 PM . Is there any direct train from Pudong airport to Yiwu?
Feb 12, 2009 01:53
GUESTSUBHAG I have a single entry Visa for China.i have a flight from Mumbai - Hong Kong - Shanghai & Shanghi - Hong ong - Mumbai.I will enter in China on 18th Feb, Then i will be back from Shanghi on 28th to HK, then if i want to go Shenzhen, China, Then i need the visa again? If yes, so how i will get visa again from China? (Yiwu, Hangzhou or Ningbo)
Feb 12, 2009 03:54
  • ELLYSE
There's no train station at Pudong airport. You'll have to go to Shanghai South train station to get a train to Yiwu.

For your 2nd entry to China, apply for a new visa when you're in Hong Kong.
Page 6 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code