Menu
FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Apr 20, 2009 09:33
GUESTGEORGE How much does it cost to travel by train to Yiwu city? Where do I jump off the train if am coming from Shanghai going to 158 Binwang road?
Apr 21, 2009 12:52
GUEST41506 hi I am arriving from LA to PVG airport around 6:30 pm... I want to take the train from shanghai to jinan. Do you think I should take the number 5 line to the train station? What time does the number 5 stop running? Also, do you think its the main station or the south station that goes to jinan? Lastly, should I buy a ticket when I get there or try to book one online beforehand. I'm getting in on Sunday June 7th. thanks!
Apr 22, 2009 19:48
GUESTJIMMY How can i reach to the pudong airport from the shanghai railway station.please reply me asap,i'm now in shanghai
Apr 23, 2009 01:50
GUEST44017 Dear gimmy,
there are many options.
1- you can use bus line 5 from shanghai railway station. Buses are available from 5:30 to 21:00. It costs about 20 yuan.
2- you can use taxi.
3-you may use Maglev.
1st and 2nd options are best.
I dont know your exact location in shanghai other wise I could give you a better advise.
Apr 24, 2009 03:45
  • ELLYSE
If your flight departure time is 0715, then your check-in time starts at 0515 and closes at 0630. Taking airport shuttle no.5 from Shanghai main train station at 0530 would be too risky as the usual journey time is around 1 hour.

Cost of Shanghai South -- Yiwu train would depend on which departure you're taking. Different trains have different speed and types of seat. There's only 1 train station in Yiwu anyway so there's no difference where you get off wherever you're going in Yiwu.

If you're arriving at 1830 at Pudong airport, airport shuttle no.5 to Shanghai main train station would still be running for sure. However, there're trains going to Jinan from both Shanghai main and South train stations at different times, which one are you intending to take? If you want a sleeper ticket, you should definitely find a way to pre-buy train tickets. If you need help with this, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks.

From Shanghai main train station there're a number of ways to reach Pudong airport, with differing costs and level of convenience etc. What you pick would be dependent on your own requirements. Direct airport shuttle, direct taxi, taxi + Maglev, metro + Maglev would all be possible.
Apr 25, 2009 12:28
GUEST36250 we want to go from Pudong Airport to railway station from where we can take fast train to beijing two days after. can someone guide me a nice economical hotel near railway station. how to reach there from airport with two kids and luggage
Apr 25, 2009 13:46
  • SPOERLE
Why not stay at the Ramada Pudong Airport Hotel. It is 1000 Meter from the Airport. They have shuttles.
May 3, 2009 20:50
  • ELLYSE
What's your definition of "nice" and monetary definition of "economical"?
Ramada Pudong is expensive, and it only has shuttles to Pudong airport, not to either of the two train stations in Shanghai!
May 6, 2009 22:51
GUEST99419 Hi, how early do I have to arrive at the Shanghai Pudong airport for a flight to Hong Kong? I assume you have to go through all the immigration steps? My flight will be in the morning on a weekday and I am planning to arrive via the Maglev - just wanted to make sure I give myself enough time at the airport. Thank you!
May 7, 2009 10:10
  • ELLYSE
Do note that the Maglev doesn't run at the full speed of 431 km/h in early morning, only 300 km/h.
For a flight to Hong Kong you do have to go through immigration and etc. Arrive 2 hours before your departure time.
Page 8 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: FREE SHUTTLE BUS FROM SHANGHAI RAILWAY STATION TO PUDONG AIRPORT
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code