Menu
Jiuzhaigou: Staying at locals?
Feb 13, 2007 12:33
  • YEWKUEN
what is top dollars and where?
Feb 14, 2007 08:52
  • BLUEISIS
@ yewkuen:

I'm trying to get some informations here. So if you need some informations about a different topic, please write your own thread!

I'm still waiting for some answers, and I don't want to read about other stuff!

Yours, blueisis
Apr 12, 2007 19:28
  • CSHANSELLO
Just so you know, they technically say that you are no longer allowed to stay in the park, which is probably why you haven't heard from anyone that has. That being said, since they don't check your ticket when you leave, if you can convice someone at one of the villages to let you stay, you should be able to. I just returned from there yesterday, and didn't see a likley place to stay in the park, so you may have some trouble. The "villages" I saw were more like glorified shopping streets. But if you are determained, it should be possible.

If you want to do it the easier way, there is no hassle going in a second day. I bought my tickets in the morning when all the tour groups got there, and getting my photo on tha ticket only took a few moments. Like most parks in China, there are buses that go all over the park. To take the bus to the end of either valley takes about 30 minutes.

One more warning, it is currently fire season, so many of the paths in the park were closed. This may hinder your chances of finding a place to stay that is off the beaten path. I don't know how long these paths will be closed.

The park is actually quite amazing, so have a great time!
May 8, 2007 01:24
  • CUTEDUKE
hello Ellyse , please recommend a hotel or hostel close to Jiuzhaigou Park. Thank you n best regards, cuteduke
May 8, 2007 01:58
  • CUTEDUKE
is there a train from Chengdu to Juizhaigou ? Pls advise. Thanks.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Jiuzhaigou: Staying at locals?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code