Menu
What is your favorite city of China?
Feb 11, 2007 19:39
  • ELLEN77
Dear all, as a molecule who has just left the university and acturally approached the socity, I have been puzzeling which city in China to stay for a long time. I have learnt from others that Beijing is dignified, modern and cultural, Shanghai is global, prospering and Shenzhen is open, modern, and having more money. Staying in the large city has more developing space while demanding much in one's budget. Being in Xian now, I find it cutural, which is quite agreeable to me, however, narrow-minded and has enviromental problems.
What is your favorite city in China? where would you choose to live in China?
Feb 12, 2007 00:18
  • CALIFORNIA
For me,Dalian:-)
Feb 12, 2007 08:57
  • APAULT
So far, Zhanjiang in south west Guangdong. But there is still so much of China I haven't seen yet...but I have plans!
Feb 12, 2007 19:12
  • ELLEN77
Dalian is a good one, I have been there and find the environement there is very good. I love the large squares there, the blue sea, ... But it's a pity that I only came there for the practical exercise for the graduation, so I have seen not many places there. I have been to some squares, seen the sea, visited a large supermarket and a shopping mall that sells seafood and Korean goods, and still eaten a meal of 'Guoqiao Ricenoodle' with my classmates, :) , everything I expereinced is remaindful.
If I have chance, I will visit it again. I want to find a place that has plenty of waters, Dalian is considerable, Haha
Feb 12, 2007 19:22
  • ELLEN77
I know of Zhanjiang, it is also one of the special ecnomic zone in China, but I met it much on the map only. South China is always the dreaming land in my mind, but having stayed in the north China for such a time, I feel I may not adapt the situation there.
Feb 12, 2007 20:09
  • MELODYCHOW
I will choose Kunming as my ideal place to live - a more gentle and clean city. Actually my mother has been to Kunming, Dali, Lijiang.. (in Yunnan Province) for a wonderful trip last year and she said that she even did not want to come back home when she is in Kunming...Haha, I think she is right, so now I'm eager to go there for traveling, and, if possible, live there for a lifetime... hmm.....seems impossible...... :))
Feb 12, 2007 20:54
  • CALIFORNIA
For me,Kunming is a poor city!

Don't be angry,Melody:-)
Feb 12, 2007 21:48
  • MELODYCHOW
It dosen't matter, Cali, I've never been there, but only got some information from my mother who went to Kunming for a one-month trip last year. And she really said that the city is good to live for its beautiful scenery, gentle climate, clean environment... somthing like that. Maybe she suffered much from the wind and sand in North China where we live? haha...Hope I will have a chance to go there. For a city, whether poor or not depends on its own economic develepment. Thriving cities like Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, perhaps Hong Kong and Maucau are good, but I don't like them, maybe not suitable for live a peaceful and comfortable life, right? Actually, this is a issue on which the opinions differ from each other, but peole always want/like to go other places, not his own city. Interesting, isn't it? :))
Feb 12, 2007 22:18
  • ELLEN77
Yeah, I agree with Melody. I have thought of Kunming before acturally, it seems a wonderful city. pesonally, I think larger cities are suitable to live when we are young, for the career mainly, I mean. and when we get older, maybe smaller cities are better. But life is really a joke to us. Our budgets are only larger when we are old. and maybe the familar ones would be our ultimate decision to us.
Have anyone been to Wuhan?
Feb 13, 2007 00:09
  • BBQQ
As to travelling, I think Beijing is good enough. When I was at Beijing, I paid a visit first to Beijing and Tsinghua Universities. The two schools are really too beautiful to be just a school! Fragance Hill, Summer Palace and Beihai Park are all so rich in natural resources and so LARGE! So later when I visited Suzhou gardens I was rather disppointed. They are equally beautiful but not so natural or so large.
Feb 13, 2007 00:53
  • ROGERINCA
For me it is where it is warm !! The older I get, the less I want to be cold and/or deal with any snow !!! LOL

I like southern China !! Guangdong and Guangxi Provinces are very nice !!

If they can grow the banana near by, or the pineapple, then it is a good place for me !! :)
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What is your favorite city of China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code