Menu
Do you put MSG in your dish?
Feb 28, 2007 03:17
  • HEIDI
Thank you, Sharif and Roger.

Ha, you must a good cook, Roger (yuk)...

Here are some tips while cooking for you to share:
1. Don't add MSG early while cooking. You'd better put it in the pan as the dish is nearly finished.
2. Don't use MSG accompanied with alkali and saleratus.
3. Don't eat MSG more than 6g. in a day.

Hoping it will be helpful to all.
Feb 28, 2007 10:51
  • LIONPOWER
Hi,
This means need import MSG next time with my Electronics goods.
Feb 28, 2007 18:45
  • HEIDI
Ha, Sharif, you can import it secretly if you like.

Or come China to taste the Chinese dish which has moderate MSG added. Delicious! Welcome!
Feb 28, 2007 21:47
  • ROGERINCA
Yes Heidi !!!

This is one attribute that I will proudly claim !!!

Yes, I am a great cook !!

This is the real reason my wife loves me so much.....not because I am so romantic and kind, but because I am such a good cook, and she does not like to cook so much !! LOL :) Conny must have told you this big secret of mine !!?????
Feb 28, 2007 22:22
  • CONNY129
Yuk~

For my part,I seldom cook for myself,mostly I cook for my parents or friends.MSG is not a big concern for most of Chinese I think,but I seldom use it when cooking,not because it was said to be bad to one's health,but for I always forgot it -_-!!
Mar 1, 2007 02:47
  • HEIDI
Hi Roger, Conny hasn't told me that. Ha, I just made a guess. It's right!

Your wife must joke with you. I think the real reson she loves you is you are kind to her. And cook for her is one of the aspects. Right?

Anyway, what kind of food are you good at to cook? Which one has got the high praise by your wife? Great cook. Eager to know...
Mar 1, 2007 02:50
  • HEIDI
Ha, Conny
You are so funny. My mother usually forget to put it as you...
Mar 2, 2007 08:07
  • APAULT
I have heard several times that there is more MSG in pizzas than in a Chinese food dish. Regardless of the MSG, I know which I'd rather eat, and Pizza Hut doesn't sell it!
Mar 3, 2007 09:30
  • JABAROOTOO
MSG is indeed a controversial product these days but it has been banned as an additive in almost every product in Australia. Some people have very sensitive reations to it and I personallyavoid it wherever possible.

I find it strange that in China where there are so many other more natural and interesting flavourings like chili etc that it is used so much.

It was in fact introduced to China last century by of all people the Japanese when they occupied the country and is considered to be addictive so we would want to eat more of the food which contains it. (explains high contents in Pizza Hut pizza perhaps)
So it is not really a traditional Chinese food flavouring.

New research is linking heavy consumption of MSG to the increased occurance of deseases affecting the brain, like Alzheimer's.

Food for thought!!!!!!!!! as China's now aging population is the first generation to have consumed MSG for most of their lives.

3 score and ten years
Mar 3, 2007 12:38
  • CHYNAGYRL
I find it interesting that people in China still use MSG so much. My friend told me that at New Year's people gave bags of MSG to each other as gifts... People in Canada avoid it as much as possible. There has been a lot written about its side-effects, mostly that it can overexcite and kills brain cells, and it gives people mood swings. They used to feed it to U.S. military soldiers every day (they were fed a ration of MSG) in their food, and the study of those people found that they had a frighteningly high rate of suicide. I think that it affects your brain's normal ability to regulate endorphins. From my personal experience, I get mood swings from eating too much MSG.

It's best to eat less. Myself, I try to eat less mass-bred meat, and chemical additives. Go natural :-)
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you put MSG in your dish?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code