Menu
Chinese women on dating sites: theories/questions/opinions
Jul 31, 2009 03:21
GUEST61141 Hi, I am an American male (mid 30's) currently writing email and talking on the phone to a big city Chinese female (early 30's). Her initial email was long, but now they are quite short. In her second email, she gave me her phone number on her own accord and asked me to call her so we can know one another better. In that first call, she said that she should visit me as soon as possible. She said she needed money for a visa and passport and she could visit me in 2 weeks. She sent me a copy of her physical address (maybe) and Chinese ID. However, I found that she wanted 6 times too much money and the time frame was off. When I asked her about this, she claimed that a special travel agency could push the paperwork through faster, but cost more. I asked if I could visit her. Her answer was, "no", because it would cause rumors and gossip. I asked if we could meet on neutral ground, her answer was, "no". She says she needs to see me here where she will live (makes sense, I guess). I did not send the money and she refused my call and said I was cheap. Maybe I should have sent it, maybe she needed to go shopping first? But I was suspicious and I thought, "whatever", and just let the whole thing go. Then, 1 month later, I get an email from her. We started emailing and exchanging more photographs again. Her English is great, but she seems distant and sometimes defensive on the phone. Am I talking to a translator who has her personal info.? I like her, she has spunk and seems very dignified, but something seems off. Any input, friends?
Jul 31, 2009 06:03
GUEST08213 "because it would cause rumors and gossip"
that's the most ridiculous and lame excuse i've ever heard!! i am a chinese and i am wondering which part of the country she lives...

Smart u refused to send money. This is ridiculous
Aug 1, 2009 04:25
GUEST61141 Hi friend, your response is greatly appreciated. The province is Guangdong.
Aug 11, 2009 09:21
GUEST16837 Hi there. I have a VERY similar situation, almost identical in fact. The person I am communicating with is from Shenzhen but uses a QQ address that stipulates Guangzhou as her city of residence. I am very sceptical and haven't sent a cent. I have heard various explanations as to why money was required...to visit me, to repay the bank after her business partner stole all the money and fled, to repay her car loan as it was about to be repossessed....she claims to have no money but lives in a nice apartment, is always exquisitely presented with permed hair and manicured fingers, wears top of the range clothing and a 50,000 yuan watch and dines in restaurants! I too have been called "cheap" but after the cold shoulder for a while, she has now resumed contact again.
Aug 13, 2009 04:48
  • DODGER
GUEST16837, “she wears a 50,000 Yuan watch”
Good luck mate!
Dodger.
Aug 13, 2009 10:46
GUESTKEENNYA... This looks cool so far, what's up people?
If there's anyone else here, let me know.
Oh, and yes I'm a real person LOL.

Bye,
Jan 10, 2010 01:14
GUESTGANCESC... Where is a good place to sale my old wrecked car? Please help me by sugesting some sites or companies.
Aug 8, 2010 14:58
GUEST24179 I am dating a beautiful Chinese lady from Chengdu. We met as she is staying with her sister about 50m away from me. We went out on a blind date and the chemistry was immediate. Her english is basic at the moment but we get by and she has a wonderful sense of humour and an amazing smile. We go out together every weekend and spend hours just talking and walking. The cultural difference is stark but I am being the almost perfect gentleman. Sadly she is returning to China in a month but I am planning to visit her around Xmas and she is returning to Enlgand next March. She is a very lovely woman and I hope our relationship goes from strength to strength....which I think it will....I really don't want her to go back but I know she must! Let's see what the future brings
Jan 15, 2011 15:59
GUEST68158 I think if anyone is being scammed, it is the Chinese women! In my 5 years of going out and dealing with many chinese individuals, I found that there ar emany wetsern "Scam Artists" at work. Not only is it a downright disgusting thing to do, but also gives the west a bad name.

I have found most Chinese women to be honest and sincere. Many yry to learn English in order not to have to use a "Translator" or Introduction club. But economics being what they are, does not allow the average woman to spend much money for lessons. They are all looking fo a better life, they are hard working, and most are faithful.

Western men who are serious, match very well with asians, and like everything else, you need to give time and effort.

Jul 7, 2011 04:56
GUESTJOICKIN... Hi Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese women on dating sites: theories/questions/opinions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code