Menu
Boyfriend or Girl friend culture
Mar 21, 2007 05:13
  • LIONPOWER
GRIZ Boss,
Wishing your valuable comment on live together in China. Out of China, that is different. Different countries have different ways. You have vast knowledge about China and your are scholar/teacher. I had written in this forum, repeatedly, love is different ~~~~~~
Asking about live together in China before marry.
Whether we support it or regret it?
Mar 22, 2007 03:57
  • GURTY
According to the latest statistics, 62% of the Chinese People live in the countryside, where old traditions are deeply rooted. A vast majority of them get married a long period after they get their parents' agreement.

Cities take on, Actually, a different look. But not all girls live with their boyfriend. If they do in that way, they deem at least their boy friend will be their prospective husband. We should not scold them to the bone.
Mar 22, 2007 13:40
  • BW750
I did not like to be my BF as husband
Do you know, why?
Mar 22, 2007 19:07
  • APAULT
Tell us BW, please do !
Mar 22, 2007 19:14
  • APAULT
I won't repeat what I said in another thread, but LP you are right - Chinese culture IS being polluted, but we can't turn the clocks back. Maybe we could, we could get rid of cars, macdonalds, western medicine and eventually no spitting and smoking in public places - but that's not going to happen. Globalisation means we are all being faced with 'foreign pollution' which a country might constrain, but it won't stop it.
Mar 23, 2007 09:50
  • LIONPOWER
Yes Paul,
We should adopt good thing from the other community and in this way we making a modern world.
Live together Problem in China as there no proper law & female rights to protect it in a logical way. Adopting this modern fashion with out law support, may drive the girls to dark life. This is my point of view.
Mar 25, 2007 01:57
  • MENG
hi,
I think that everyone either boy or girl can decide their lives freely when they can response for their individual behavior. Living togerther or not is totally a simple thing in people's long life. What is Chinese culture? It is what created by human beings, and we are creating it all the time. People lived in ancient era had their culture,so people at the modern time also have their own culture, isn't it? Nobody wants to destroy anything, they just live as what they have to and would like to. Of course, we can not claim that the life mode of the others is right or wrong since we are judging their life by our own private rules.
Mar 25, 2007 06:26
  • LIONPOWER
Hi Ming ,
Your writing too cool. Yes us creating our self and changing day by day. It’s Ok.
But you can’t change the Siberia as Sahara Desert.

Some scholar told Man changes from monkey.
5000 years Chinese history, have you seen any evidence, monkey changes to Man?

Yes, I can cut your hair to be you as much as cute, not to cut head to be a Robot.

See recent statistics of divorce in China. Especially at the big city places, not at villages, because so called BF/GF culture very speedy at big cities which are being ~~ (don’t say again “Polluted”.). Also destroying the cultural stability.

It is not my head and not headache too. Only explaining my experience.
Mar 26, 2007 02:15
  • MAY001
I believe most of Chinese are still tradition. Most of my relatives and friends are tradition, either do I. Yes, I confess that more youngsters are 'polluted', especially the teenagers.

People who were born in early 1980s were scolded heavly in the past and now the 1990s are the target. They are teenagers and they are in their adolescence. When they grow up, they will censure their younger generations.

People can't understand each other, even in the same age, gender, situation and so on. Let alone different generation. I'm sure Chinese people are changing. But I still believe that great treasures of our nationality are still alive, in our heart.

Mar 26, 2007 12:37
  • LIONPOWER
Yes May,
You are right. China changing for its policy and hard working. Off course life style may change. No contradiction on it. Should care on basic culture of the nation that maintaining from 5000 years.

May 001, can you help me the Chinese word which means “ A mother before marry”. Have a practical witness, wish to write on it.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Boyfriend or Girl friend culture
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code