Menu
Expat community in Qingdao
Mar 3, 2008 23:29
  • LEMONCACTUS
It's very possible I'm moving to Qingdao too this year.

I've been doing some research on the internet. There are a couple of small Qingdao sites, in English and/or run by expats:

www.qingdaoexpat.com/
www.thatsqingdao.com/
http://www.myredstar.com/en/guide

Hope it helps. LC :)
Mar 4, 2008 09:44
  • GHOST
Will, bringing a young family can be a challenge. If they are blonde and blue-eyed expect a lot of attention from the locals.

If you come with a humble heart and a gracious (forgiving) spirit, you'll do fine! Will you put your children into Chinese schools initially as they get older? That would help them immensely. There's a good expat community in Dalian too, so once you're there you should be able to make friends and get a good amount of support.
Mar 4, 2008 09:49
  • GHOST
Hi Clemence

There are several Malaysian and Singaporeans in Qingdao, so it's just a matter of arriving and getting involved in what's happening. You'll quickly meet them.

Which type of school is really your choice. The largest three are all American-system of education. They have Malaysian, Singaporean and Hong Kong families attending them.

If you e-mail me privately, I can put you in touch with a Malaysian family who live in my housing complex with children just a little younger than yours.
Mar 5, 2008 00:48
GUESTCLEMENCE Thank you for your reply and info. Can i know your e-mail address so that i can contact you privately in order to know more.

Best regards,
Clemence
Mar 6, 2008 10:01
  • GHOST
Better if you click on my name and send me a message to my message box. Don't want to post my e-mail here for all to see.
Apr 13, 2008 14:29
GUEST40103 Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy some fresh donuts in Qingdao. Thanks.
May 1, 2008 08:18
GUEST02481 does anyone have a house apartment to rent for August we are coming with the GBR Team and need accommodation for 4 people
May 11, 2008 21:41
GUEST29491
Hi! I am moving to Qingdao this September, I know that there are some international schools in
Qingdao. Among them, please advice which scholl has more students whose native language
is English. Thank very much.

Ariel
May 21, 2008 16:14
GUEST10163 Hi Everybody! Probably, we will move to Q. after 2-3 months with 8 y.old kid, i'm Russian and my wife -Chinese, hope to have a lot new international friends .
Jun 10, 2008 21:00
GUEST95155 I am thinking about applying to teach in Qingdao at an International School. Anyone know if these are good schools to teach in?
Page 2 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Expat community in Qingdao
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code