Menu
Expat community in Qingdao
Dec 7, 2013 08:29
GUEST18230 Hello Renjie

Its seems your email address doesn't work, can you please check your address or give me another one? Thanks
Jan 15, 2014 23:23
GUEST45101
Quote:

Originally Posted by GHOST

Somewhere near the Jusco department store in Huangdao is probably best. That seems to be where most the good shops, restaurants and coffee bars are. Getting into Qingdao is now much easier because of the bridge so you aren't too far away!

Hi Ghost,

Eventually I took an apartment in Tiantai, gotta say it's a pretty good position...
However I find hard finding places where to meet young people, especially foreigners. I used to go to Knuckles and Catch22 really often, but now those places kinda bored me out, they're empty even on weekends...

Any suggestions??
Jan 20, 2014 22:35
  • GHOST
Sorry, I'm not so familiar with Huangdao and it changes so quickly as it develops. You go to a restaurant, enjoy the food, think to yourself I'll come back here and the next month it's gone!
Jan 23, 2014 00:53
GUEST45101
Quote:

Originally Posted by GHOST

Sorry, I'm not so familiar with Huangdao and it changes so quickly as it develops. You go to a restaurant, enjoy the food, think to yourself I'll come back here and the next month it's gone!

Yes I know the feeling...
Well then, thanks anyway!
Feb 25, 2014 19:40
GUEST76182 Hi! the expat community in Qingdao is pretty big. If you go to YCIS (Yew Chung International School) Huangdao campus, you will meet many foreigners. Also there's an international fellowship that gathers every Sunday. If you are interested on joining them, I would suggest for you to go to YCIS Huangdao and look for the management of QICC (Qingdao International Community Centre). QICC belongs to YCIS and they host many events for the expat community in Huangdao. Maybe you can google QICC and get more info!
Mar 16, 2014 01:47
GUEST25254 I am 68. I have been studying Chinese grammar and basic 700 characters for just over a year now. I wish to take a conversational Chinese class somewhere in China that is low in pollution and ,of course low in living cost. Approx 8/10 weeks might do it.( Pollution review of Chinese cities list Lhasa and Haikou as very low). Any suggestions!
Mar 20, 2014 17:11
GUEST16922 The elevation in Lhasa might be an issue for someone of your age. Qingdao/Yantai in Shandong are all fairly small sized coastal cities, pretty and not so polluted.
Page 9 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Expat community in Qingdao
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code