Menu
Studying Buddhism in China
Apr 5, 2007 20:41
Yes, there are such monks, but very few of them.

And the number of those who can really understand the essence of Buddhism is smaller. So it is in some way ivory-towered.
Jun 12, 2009 21:54
  • WANHU
Most early Buddhist scripts, i am informed, were written in Pali (one of the dialects of Sanskrit), while the Hindu scripts were written in Pallava. I am not sure about China, but in Thailand Pali is still widely studied among the monks. I have seen many religious manuscripts in Pali, Pallava and Kawi in Indonesia because in those days before the coming of Islam, most of them were either Hindus or Buddhists. Majority of the Malay Balinese today are still Hindus.
Wan
Feb 15, 2010 10:04
GUESTETEXSAI... warm-hearted answers i like it
Apr 13, 2011 14:00
GUEST38439 (花花世界 in chinese, i dont how to exaclty express it).
I would go with either 'colored by the world' or 'marked by the world'. --Teacher Jon :D
Apr 13, 2011 20:47
GUEST5458
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST38439

(花花世界 in chinese, i dont how to exaclty express it).
I would go with either 'colored by the world' or 'marked by the world'. --Teacher Jon :D

I think it means "mortal world" or "material world".
May 31, 2011 14:14
GUESTRAREAIDEN Hello, We're looking for developer or group of developers who is familiar with MTK (MediaTek) mobile platorm modern cpu like 6253, 6235, to take part in intresting commercial project. If you're qualify for this job email us. email:vasiliypetrof (at) gmail.com
Jun 1, 2011 18:47
  • MARK_81
Very interesting discussion going on here! As a devout Buddhist who loves travelling and discovering the wonders of China this interests me especially!!
Feb 17, 2013 13:54
GUESTSUMIT I would like to continue my futher studies in Henan Buddhist college in China, as its a world largest Buddhist college. but Im not getting any contact address, web address, Tele or Fax number of this college for to contact. so could you please inform me how can I contact with the college.
Feb 17, 2013 19:40
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTSUMIT

I would like to continue my futher studies in Henan Buddhist college in China, as its a world largest Buddhist college. but Im not getting any contact address, web address, Tele or Fax number of this college for to contact. so could you please inform me how can I contact with the college.

Check this page:
http://www.hnfjxy.org/plus/list.php?tid=22

I am not sure if this college is the one you have been looking for.
Feb 18, 2013 14:07
GUESTSUMIT thanks a lot for your kind information and Buddha bless you. yes, this the college Im looking for,,,thanks again, thanks a lot dear, also please inform me if is there any more college or university for BA Buddhism course in China.
your one information can be change my life.
Buddha be with you and all.

Sumit
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Studying Buddhism in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code