Menu
Where're the cool bars in Chengdu
Apr 9, 2007 01:21
  • ALICEGAO
Heard a lot about the compliments of Chengdu’s cool bars, I wanna pay a visit there in May Day holiday, any suggestions?
btw, anybody knows where the bar named “Shamrock” located at?
Lots of thanks!
Apr 9, 2007 19:39
  • BBQQ
Sorry, Alice, I don't know too much about bars in Chengdu. But I've heard that there is several streets and areas having excellent bars. Such as Yulin Nan Lu玉林南路, Fanglin Lu 芳邻路, Jiuyan Qiao九眼桥, Renmin Nan Lu人民南路, etc.
Oct 27, 2008 03:55
GUESTSANZEEV Carol's Too Bar

I bet you guys ya'll gonna love this place, this is the place where you'll get all kind people from Student to business man, ppl from Africa to USA, ppl from Pakistan to indian, middle east, this is the cool place and drinks are so cheap specially friday and saturday night is the best time to visit this place,

here you will get all kinda music, hip-hop to rock, RnB to reggea, Indian Chinese, korean , i gurantee this place is worth to visit,

Location and ambience:

Carol's Too Bar also known as Carols by the River is open till 3 am in weekends, is known for its great music collection. A known party place amongst the youngsters in Chengdu, especially on Friday nights when the dance floor is packed and buzzing with energetic movement.

Food and Drinks:

The food menu comprises of cuisines from Mexico, America and Italy as well. Starters include soup and hot Mexican Salsa served with home-made hot sauce and freshly made Tostados chips. Carol's Too Bar have a lip smacking sandwiches and burgers; Grilled cheese sandwich to Big Potboy sandwich stuffed with grilled onion, green pepper, cheese and steak. Tuna Fish sandwiches, Chicken sandwiches, Ham and Egg sandwiches are also on the list as well.

The Burger section has a great list like the Carol's Burger which is a handmade burger served with Mustard or Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle and Onion. Then there is The Blue Burger that has bacon, blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion in it and the Big Gourmet Burger that has mayo or mustard, mushroom, bacon, cheddar cheese, pickle and onion are a few to name.

The main course has salads, Mexican American and Italian American Cuisines that include Chicken Quesadillas, Burrito, Tostados, the Mexican Festal Combo, Spaghettis and Lasagnas. The bakery section in Carol's Too Bar is something to indulge in.

Activities:

Carol's Too Bar is known for its weekend activity at the bar.

Saturdays
- Jam Sessions
8:30 p.m to 10:00p.m.
- Live Bands
9:00pm to 10:30pm

Fridays
- Western Food & Bar
American, Italian and Mexican cuisine along with a collection of Jazz and Blues music and Bar-B-Q party.
7:30pm till 10:00pm

Thursdays
- Lessons on Latin Dance

Time:
Daily Restaurant Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 am
Breakfast/Lunch: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Dinner)
Bar: 3:00 pm to 12:00 am

No. 11 Ren Min Nan Lu
086+ 28+ 85444 639.
Dec 3, 2008 04:27
GUEST26230 Shamrock add. is 15 Renmin Nan Lu, Section 4, Chengdu. More information check it www.shamrockinchengdu.com

lovetravel
Aug 1, 2009 07:25
GUEST42229 don't drink Guinnas at Shamrock! 60RMB per pint....

fairly closed circle of patrons at this bar, not totally open with outsiders...

Shamrock (near US Consulate)
May 4, 2010 05:37
GUEST78171 Highfly Cafe
Cafe has opened this year again.The delicious pizza and cocktails.I like the girl whose name is Jasmine,She is great.exciting sporting events and free pool table.nice
it's in traffic hotel.a great hostel
Mar 5, 2011 22:54
GUESTRAYID Jellyfish is good. Higher class, western management and crazy cocktails and crzy girls. Add. lan se jia le bi guang chang next to french bar and hooters.
Jan 13, 2012 11:36
GUEST32123 there is a new dimension in entertainment in chengdu now try THE BUZZ bar,lots of good music and where your night turns to day
Jan 25, 2012 06:58
GUESTLOLLY Buzz Bar and Jelly Fish every weekends don't miss it.................
Jun 10, 2012 02:55
GUESTGUESTSTDNT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTRAYID

Jellyfish is good. Higher class, western management and crazy cocktails and crzy girls. Add. lan se jia le bi guang chang next to french bar and hooters.

Is this place for the young student crowd at affordable prices?
Post a Reply to: Where're the cool bars in Chengdu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code