Menu
Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Jul 31, 2009 04:28
I think the situation depends, we have to admit that there are travel traps, but to those who are planning to enjoy the travel, is it important for you to be alert and tolerant? There might be bad guys around. They will got what they deserve some day anyway. Just try to be in a good mood and enjoy the travel should be the key I guess.
Aug 3, 2009 03:10
  • BENHUR

It really scares me. I travel a lot including China. Always thought China to be "no fear" zone. Looks like I have to be careful in the future.

Thank you for the informations.

Ben
Sep 9, 2009 06:59
GUEST48167 When exchanging for RMB, we found that doing it at the hotel will give us better rates than at home. Is that true? Even getting cash from the ATM at the bank, the charge for the withdraw is only about 20 RMB.
Oct 18, 2009 06:38
  • HERBEAT
I think most of the exprienced guides or we call the ones with high quality personnel won't do anything like to take the guests to some shops and get some commission from the bosses. Or at least to all the guide, if you tell them you don't want any "shopping", they will understand and won't do things to cheat you.

I've been an English guide and interpreter for more than two years and everytime I tell my guests that some shops sell fake things or things are not worth to buy. But sometimes it seems like the guests are not satisfied with my word and they still get things then complain after arriving at home. Then it will be impossible to get the money back.

I hope that the service of Chinese tour guide are good and I always try to offer the top service since my guests are nice, or at least try to be near to the top. And I wish that you could be able to tell your complains to the tour guides directly before it's too late.
Oct 29, 2009 04:32
  • CHAI
the evil guy they make other good business collape so the government in each country should take action and people or media must blame that evils not let it happen again
Nov 4, 2009 20:08
  • SYOUNG108
Travel traps? They're anywhere in the world, if you look for them! Learn some Chinese or take a Chinese/English speaker with you if you want a hassle-free trip. Or just dive in for whatever adventure you happen upon and be happy that you're there to experience it.
Nov 4, 2009 21:59
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, I like what you said, Syoung108^-^
Feb 22, 2010 01:27
GUEST91174 i sent money to an young lady trying to get to state, by way of yiqifeil travels, and once i sent the money, i have'nt heard anything from her or yiqifeil travels, i called yiqifeil with the number they have posted, and the woman on the phone, kept, saying that she didnt, understand what i was say, so if anyone know anything about this place would you please help me find out if i was scamed by this place, thank you for your time, i can be reached at fd38Yahoo.com
Mar 16, 2010 06:21
  • DENVERR
hello,

Now a days many travel agencies formed which make people fool and take money from them. my cousin was also cheated by an agent who promise him for good and comfortable travel of Beijing but when he reached there he didn't find him.

thanks!!

Mar 23, 2010 22:41
GUEST17197 Sometimes you just have to know how to say "no" firmly, so firmly, that you will be left alone.
My Chinese wife and I went to Hangzhou and wanted to visit the Longjin Tea plantation. We hired a taxi driver, who brought us to a tea shop, where we were offered 3 types of tea, ranging from 1500 RMB to 1900 RMB per 200 g. We felt that their price was outrageous and refused to purchase the tea. When the shop clerk insisted, I firmly told her "NO" to stop the pressure tactics.
The next day we visited the real plantation, where they offered samples and sold the freshest tea for 70 RMB per 200g, so we ended up buying a few containers for gifts!
However, this incident did not spoil our trip, because Hangzhou is a beautiful place and we had a great time there.
Page 12 of 21    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code