Menu
Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Mar 11, 2009 20:19
GUEST3892 I am a staff at a hotel booking company. Our company was ripped off several days ago. A guy named Mr. James Kerry(it wasn't his real name, I guess) booked two air tickets from our company and paid the money via Paypal. After we received the money, we issued two tickets for them. The deal was smooth. However, we met a problem later.

Paypal found that this Guy Mr. James stole another person's Paypal account to pay for the air ticket fees. The real holder of that account found this and required his money back. Finally, he got back his money. But we suffered a loss. We tried to contact Mr. James many times but failed. It was an obvious rip-off.

Here I'd like to remind all people: Please don't reveal any of your accounts, such as credit card, paypal etc to anybody. Of course, we have learnt a lesson from this. We have added this guy and two passengers' names (he offered two passengers' names to us) to our blacklist.

Be wary of any scams!
Mar 12, 2009 19:09
  • SORRYMESS
hi you all scaring me about going to china,.i cannnot afford to spend to much and now i have to worry about money changers and high priced tikets,.,.i have no credit cards so how much money can i carry on me,. or is it ilegal to bring money,.,.will i get better deals of money changers than banks,.,.i resume there are many bank dispensers in china,..any help appreciated,.i am goign guangzhoue and i check hotel they are a bit pricey for me and my mate,.
Mar 12, 2009 19:12
  • SORRYMESS
how do i get accoutn on pay ,.do i have to have a credit card ? how does someone payme or can i pay someone else by pay pal,,.mike thnaks
Mar 18, 2009 02:19
  • WANHU
Dear Sorrymess
Guangzhou is big, there are 12 districts. If you like staying as backpackers there are many cheap and clean hotels around Shangxiajiu that cost less than RMB150 per night. The rooms are good, better than 3-star in Bangkok. I have been to China a few times, but never had the chance to use my credit cards so often because they prefer cash especially in Guangzhou. So don't worry too much about not having credit cards. In mainland China (except Luohu that accept HKD), everything is paid by RMB/Yuan. Through my experience, I prefer to change into RMB at the authorised money changer in my country, because I get better deal, no hassle to queue or to show your passport. We always lose in exchange rate with the banks. You can bring any amount to China, so far they never check.

When you bring large amount of money, please be careful, there are many professional pickpockets.

Wan

Mar 23, 2009 10:38
  • DANVILLEDAN
hi,
we are planning china trip sept 12.we are thinking of travel china guide .com as a agency.any experiences with them....thanks
Apr 9, 2009 01:56
  • JSDCFAY2007
Every place has evil and good men at the same time......
Apr 21, 2009 10:52
GUESTVANGUY great good looking forum , glad i found it will check back a little later to read up on some good topics.
Apr 27, 2009 22:15
  • SHUBH
Not yet but I read carefully the experience of the people posted on the forums like this.
Adviser travel.justluxe
Jun 22, 2009 06:26
  • KIETH
I went to Istanbul, every weekend there is a new festival of some kind occurring in Istanbul. International film festivals, rock and pop festivals, tulip festivals and festivals for the sake of festivals happen throughout the year..
I have really enjoyed my trip.
Jul 10, 2009 16:10
GUESTEXHATHBOB <b>Definately will not go to Vilamoura anymore, 6 Hour rounds of Golf and 4.5 Euros for a beer , we will stay clear of the Vilamoura golf courses this year, and the so called free shuttle bus turns up if you are lucky.</b>
Page 11 of 21    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code