Menu
Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Nov 3, 2013 20:33
  • JIMMYB
Griz,

If you were a Chinese passenger, you wouldn't be treated that well. The driver wouldn't let you get off his cab. He believed that you didn't have they money to pay for the taxi fee.

Do you know why it's safer (compared with some certain countries) for foreigners to visit PRC? Chinese people are very kind to foreigners but ruthless to other Chinese. Some Chinese people even think their fellow-men are inferior to foreigners.
Nov 7, 2013 00:25
  • CRIF
Ya i am totally appreciate you. But there are many word of caution for all others, try not to go for cheaper sources,Always consult the good company. Always be on your guard especially when you're travelling on unknown place. You don't know the people, their culture and do not speak their language, so you just have to be extra careful on this place as well.
Dec 17, 2013 01:25
  • AVRILCORY
Nowadays there are numbers of travel agency available in all over the world that they are the leading tour operators in the country. We found many travel agencies fall into some travel traps such as fake or low-quality tourist services, insufficient time and shopping trips. We suggest you choose a qualified travel agency they serve the best services because tour price is a very important factor, but please do not only compare with the price.

Thanks !!!
Cebu Beach

Dec 24, 2013 00:14
It's really bad to here that you have had a bad experience while travelling. It's true that not everyone is legit some of them did fraud. But before hiring any guide I must recommended you to browse on Net and then start trusting on them.
Dec 30, 2013 20:59
GUESTCLEMENT Please avoid one teahouse !
Coming back from Shanghai, I would just recommend to all the curious people willing to try a tea house not to go to Ting Ding Xuan Tea Shop, nearby Nanjing East Road. They lied to me while paying, I was with Chinese friends and we share the fees together. I paid 1180 yuans instead of 180 ! They took advantage of me while I couldn't pay in cash because they only just accept credit card.

So please do not go to that teahouse. Not honest people at all, even if at the first impression they look kind and friendly.
Jan 4, 2014 09:00
GUESTTHE CHI... Beijing: There were three chinese women spared at the exit of the subway station, Tian'amen east (Saturday night) and they came friendly to us, they told us to have some tea and some wine with them and to practish English. They had an acceptable cultural level. People in China is frienly and we were not very alert. They took us to a tea house near the forbiden city and we seat alltoghether inside in a closed room, araund a table. A young girld served us tea. They invited us to drink wine and to eat, and we refused both. They asked for three wines for theselves. After a while they told us that we looked weary and that we probably wanted to go to the hotel to rest. One of them said: we are going to ask for the bill. The bill was the amazing amount of 1990 yuans!!!. Thet said that that was a very exclusive place and the young girl showed us a menu with a very high prices. They told to us that they admited credit cards. We were afraid to be beated and robbed and at the end we payed 500 Y. This has been our worse experience in China and we post it as an advertisement for others travellers going near the forbiden city in the evening. But at the end we are very happy with our trip and we are very satisfied with the services of travel china guide. Thank you.
Apr 6, 2014 01:23
  • FRESHNOD
Thanks for your tips.
May 15, 2014 05:28
  • WANHU
Beware of Cart Pusher
We took two MPVs from downtown Guangzhou to Baiyun airport on May 5th around 2100 (hrs). My friends' MPV arrived first and unknowingly, they let the "professional" cart pushers to put our luggage on five carts/trolleys and they asked for RMB150 citing RMB30 per trolley. When I arrived from another MPV I asked my friends to unload our bags and to use other available trolleys but then they already paid to those workers who wore airport workers' tags, to avoid any unpleasant incident. They indeed learnt their lesson, never to let anyone but us to manage our own bags. Hor those new visitors, to avoid paying excessively, do not let anyone touch you luggage.
Wan
Jul 2, 2014 19:57
  • WANHU
A friend of mine is supposed to travel today from Xining to Shenzhen on flight ZH9836 XNNSZX. As a Muslim, she would like to request for an MOML but was turned down by Shenzhen Airlines as she bought the ticket from an agent and not direct from Shenzhen Airlines. Such a pity, because Hainan Airlines provided MOML for her on her flight from Yiwu to Lanzhou although she also bought the ticket from an agent. According to the girl who answered the phone mentioned that the service can only be given if she buys from Shenzhen Airlines.

It's not easy to address the case but I would rather advise her not to buy Shenzhen Airlines tickets anymore or give least priority. And inform other Muslims too.

Wan
Jun 23, 2015 01:50
  • PAULSWENSON
Quote:
That I totally agree with you. But just a word of caution for all others, try not to go for cheaper sources, you'll end up penny wise & pound foolish. Always be on your guard especially when you're travelling. You don't know the culture and do not speak their language, so you just have to be extra careful.

Yes, I agreed with you. You first need to open your eyes and book your resources any authenticate tourism provider.
Page 18 of 21    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tell Others Your Travel Traps here!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code